Second Skin Audio

How do i fix snapped tinsel leads?

i'll even video tape it workin if need be :01nocomment8so: :D

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Snapped the leads on one of my lvl5's today so i soldered it back, worked fine for a while and went again, fixed it again and guess what it went again.

The snapped bit is now quite close to the cone so its going to be hard to do it again but.

Any ideas apart from a recone, mainly due to it taking ages to get one

from my exp the better the solder the better i add to reconnect my fuse for my amp. the first time it just keep melting away, got better solder and havent had a problem

~2006 chrysler Sebring~

~2 runs of 1/0 front to back~

~1/0 wire for "big 3"~

-------------------------------------------------------

4 spl-hx 12'' dual 2

2 dtr 1.3400

3 c&d terminologies 1000s

100 aH Each

piccso 6.5 comps

pinoeer avh 4900dvd

pioneer xm box

blue gauges

custom dave the box guys box

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

new stuff on the way

Team

Soundstream

make sure if u ever soilder the tinsel back to try to heat up the terminal to so the head desperation is even n soilder bonds good, i use rosin core soilder by dutch boy, its like 1/16'' thick but u can get it in 1/8 if u want to, same thing they use to sweat copper pipe, just dont use a torch to soilder wit, might burn cone lol

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

lol, i wasnt upset :aggressive::rolleyes: its just he wanted a way to do it without recone n thats bout the only way to do it, ive spent about 48hrs workin on my system takein everything out n puttin back n when i go to reset the amp the damn tinsel breaks so it pisses me off n now that this works perfect i was just tryin to help the guy out

were all friends here :friends::drinks:

edit: off topic but how do u take off a dustcap without cuttin the cone so i can ca glue it back together?

my nefhew likes to mess with shit n i had these layin on the floor in my room n i think he dropped somethin on em n cracked the dustcap, pics

DSCN1700.jpg

it works fine but lets air threw n i wanna seal it back up, i called mitek to see if they still had parts for these n they said no so im tryin to do it without messin anything up on it due to these are some beefy subs that take alot of abuse n get loud to, im sick of my mtx 5500 1544's, might do somethin in my geo with em but there not stayin in my truck no longer lol

Edited by tacomabanga1986

thanks guys, gonna try something tomorrow.

when i soldered it before it just keeps ripping in front of the actual solder as if the solder joint is too strong. i think i,m gonna cut the tinsel back then solder on the speaker wire and wrap it.

If a re cone were here i,d buy one today, i will order one but i bet it aint here for at least 2 weeks , plus it will cost more like $350 by the time i get it here :aggressive:

Edited by Bluebrindle

lol, i wasnt upset :aggressive::rolleyes: its just he wanted a way to do it without recone n thats bout the only way to do it, ive spent about 48hrs workin on my system takein everything out n puttin back n when i go to reset the amp the damn tinsel breaks so it pisses me off n now that this works perfect i was just tryin to help the guy out

were all friends here :friends::drinks:

edit: off topic but how do u take off a dustcap without cuttin the cone so i can ca glue it back together?

my nefhew likes to mess with shit n i had these layin on the floor in my room n i think he dropped somethin on em n cracked the dustcap, pics

DSCN1700.jpg

it works fine but lets air threw n i wanna seal it back up, i called mitek to see if they still had parts for these n they said no so im tryin to do it without messin anything up on it due to these are some beefy subs that take alot of abuse n get loud to, im sick of my mtx 5500 1544's, might do somethin in my geo with em but there not stayin in my truck no longer lol

Take that Bish off and upgrade to a Funky Pup Dust Cap

http://www.mach5audio.com/zen/index.php?ma...products_id=215

Only 5 Bucks for a Pair.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

lol, it might blow out my windsheld :hairtrick: :rolleyes: :01nocomment8so: