Second Skin Audio

Substage for Sister in laws car... Need opinions..

My sister in law has a 2004 grand prix GTP (Competition group). It has the Monsoon system already in it, but the 2 by9's in the rear deck just don't cut it for me and i've got her convinced to put a substage in.. She doesn't want it to be very loud.. Well here's the deal: i'm doing this as an anniversary present for her so i'm buying everything. The plan so far is going to be 4 of these (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9312_P...Ryval+V10S.html) powered by one of these (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18870_...ASA-400.2X.html) in a blowthrough style box that's sealed off from the trunk and fires into the cab. What i mean by blowthrough style is like a clamshell layed on its side in a "V" formation with 2 subs on each side. What is your guys opinion on this low budget system?

And before anyone says anything, I'm not gonna "save more money for better equipment". this isn't made to get loud, even though i'm pretty sure it has the potention to.. I just want opinions on box layout, tuning frequency of the box, etc.....

looks like it could be a pretty good build, tuning I would probably stick to close to 30, IMO.

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

sounds good should give her a little more depth and cleaner bass

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Ok. Thanks guys. I'll prob tune at 32, because of the characteristics of a blowthrough design, it will have the tendency of hitting loud on lower notes.

Also: i want to get a nice headunit for around 150-170. But my quesiton is, will the Monsoon system make me have to get a high dollar wiring kit to integrate the aftermarket headunit to the stock amp? Or wil the wiring kit be the typical $30 or whatever?

I suggest the JL cleansweep I have the monsoon setup integrated with that and it is great

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_m21_i48...processors.html

Edited by shainemcconnell

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

ahh, ok well u can find some good deals on the sonic electronics site,

Team Pure Pressure

shouldnt make much of a difference, but you may need to buy some modules to keep the door chimes, onstar if it is in that year, and steering wheel controls if she has em.

Team Pure Pressure

that should set her up nicely! I dont know anything about the monsoon system..

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill