Material For 45 Degree Corners!

07 mazda is that why is that port flared at the end?? Does that make a difference?? I was just gonna make mine straight. If It makes a difference I will flare the end of my box..

I couldn't tell you whether or not the flare alone makes a difference bc I have only built 3 boxes. The first two were both all 90degree corners with no flare. I can definately say that this box sounds 1000 times better than either of the other two I've built. Like I have said in previous posts, the air flow is really really unrestricted resulting in a really crisp, clear sound. I just like to imagine the flare as like using a funnel for liquids, it crams the air into the port more effectively than just a plain port opening. I don't have any prove of this, but at least thats how I imagine it works. All I can say is it sounds great! All my boxes from now on will be built the same way.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

i like that box design.

Very helpful information.

I think the flared piece gives the air a longer way to flow.. like if you notice, if the air passes on the right side, it has to follow the design, meaning its going from the sub then back to the sub then out the port.. I dont think i'll flare mine at all but i do know it looks pretty cool. lol.

That kinda the same setup i'll do with my 15" BL.

Well.. i suppose lots of wood glue and some extra MDF might do the trick for the 45 degree angles.

I wouldn't mind resin as long as it keeps my cost down...

lol..

I see what you are getting at here about the right side but I don't think thats how it works. I'm not trying to start an arguement and for all I know you may be right. Here's how I imagine what you're talking about though. The air that goes straight into the port creates suction that pulls the air from the trapped part out due to the difference in pressure. In esscence, the abscense of the air that is able to escape straight through the port draws out any air that would be considered trapped in the flare. Like I said, I'm pretty much talking out of my ass here, but I think thats how it works and how the flare helps the box to get louder. When the sub is moving either in or out, it is my opinion that having the flare makes it move just a tad more air, possibly resulting in .1-.5 free dB's.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Well Alpine I bought some small quater round. I am gonna sand them flat and put them in the corners. Wont be quite as big as 07's Mdf, and might not work as good. But it will at least flow a tad bit better...I am gonna try the flare on my box see what happens.