Second Skin Audio

Bunch of woofers> What do you think

and if your wondering about my fixation on sens aka SPL : to my understanding SPL is a measure of well SPL 1 meter away on 1w of power. this is to say that:

woofer A rated at 300W RMS SPL of 92 and woofer B 600W RMS SPL of 86

if each woofer were tested under the exact same conditions woofer A is theorhectically 6db louder than woofer B up to around 300W RMS... where woofer B would start to gain and eventually become louder above 300W due to a higher power handling ability.

Is this right?

and if so then the cheaper infinty should be a much better woofer for a performance for the $ comparison...

This is very true! But if you are like most guys and want 40hz below, sens does not matter, air movment does, shaking the vehicle apart does, vibration does and so on with the BIG excursion subs.

Also a low sens creates a shorter wave and can be heard at the vehicle. Unlike sub with high sens, mostly can be heard inside a home/building where the bass gets trapped and gains 9dbs, unlike low sens subs.

Also a low sens sub plays 10x's cleaner and bandwidth is wider. A high sens sub tends to become a one note sub and distorts easier.

ALL ABOUT THE TRADEOFFS!

93' Ford Aerostar

Alpine head unit

4-5.25 MB Quarts

20-10" pyramids super Pro

1 Lanzar amp

Ive used the planet audio bigbang subs on my planet audio vx2200d in my chevy colorado they were great subs made the wipers walk all over the windshield very loud my friend is a sound stream dealer so I have seen a few installs using the t5 12' and fifteens all were very loud just did a friends truck a blow through with 8 of the base model 10's from soundstream it's on a temporary 1800watt amp till he can afford the soundstreamxxx4000d it's crazy loud as it is I'm currently running a mmats dreadnaut 15 on my planet audio vx2200D in my chrysler 300c it's loud for one fifteen so there are other subs out there making noise just a matter of taste but I would not wate my money on any of the subs you brought up except the infinity's those sony explodes no freakin way a waste of money

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1