Second Skin Audio

Deal Orion

i got offered to get a orion HCCA 12.2 sub for About $250 give or take i think this is one hell of a deal.

only thing is it requires 2000 watts rms which i dont have. should i buy the sub and just hold it till i get a amp.

or pass it up and buy something else. keep in mind this sub is $750 in hawaii

i got offered to get a orion HCCA 12.2 sub for About $250 give or take i think this is one hell of a deal.

only thing is it requires 2000 watts rms which i dont have. should i buy the sub and just hold it till i get a amp.

or pass it up and buy something else. keep in mind this sub is $750 in hawaii

A sub can ALWAYS be under powered ;)

I'd go for it, those are good subs imo

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

no that only happens when you put like a 300 watt RMS amp to it and you dont think its loud so you clip the crap out of it adn eventullay the subs blows casue all your doing is clipping it to death

edit and ive heard those subs are decent i mean best thing is to check if its dead or not adn see if theres anythng wrong with it if not GET IT

Edited by Beanz
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Under-powering is a 'myth'

Just like Beanz said....

"only happens when you dont think its loud enough and you clip the shit out of the signal"

Oh yea, is it the new HCCA 12's or the old ones?

If i remember correctly, the old ones had the gray cones. An the new ones have the black ones.

(personally, for some reason. i like the look of the grey ones :D )

I say go for it dude, its a pretty damn good price.

Just be sure to make sure everything in in working order before you buy (check the ohms on the VC, check the spiders, yaddia yaddia, etc)

Edited by St.Ides

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

for being BNIB the price is good.

If you got the cash to waste, i say do it..... then make a build log and give us a in depth analysis :drinks:

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

ITS NEW then what are you waiting for man get it.and yeah it is if you really think about it i mean waht do you do when you dont think its loud enough.if your a noob you CRANK UP the gain and bass boost all the way.Sure its louder for like 3 secs and then all you hear is nasty noises and now your subs dosent work.now if your experienced you know that your system has a limit so you limit on how much gain you adjust it on and leave it until you get a bigger and better amp to power it effecently(sp)and that 1200 (im assumin its rms?)thats decent for htat sub like i said easy on the gain and you'll be set.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Under-powering is a 'myth'

Just like Beanz said....

"only happens when you dont think its loud enough and you clip the shit out of the signal"

i siad crap not shit your putting words in my mouth lol j/k.