Marky Marks 25KW tahoe funky fresh rebuild (updates pg125)6-3-10

Dude sorry to hear about your install escapade!! Im sure it sucks!! I see it every day with customers coming in our shop to fix an install and they have their 4000 watt amp grounded with a 4g wire with self tappers on the trunk lid. LOL.. We ALWAYS make fun of that hear just about on a daily basis.

One of the best I saw was 2-0g wires, and 4-4g wires shoved into a single 1/0g capacitor hole. This guy burned up amps weekly and the shop never thought twice. Just kept replacing amps..

Its also a part of troubleshooting a customers alternator when they dont see the voltage increase like theyre supposed to when they buy a new alt. I always ask if all their wiring is up to par and I get the same ole' answer.... "I had it professionally installed" or "I had another shop check it and they said its all good". Its really hard to pass 900 amps thru a black anodized self tapper. LMAO.

OMG you have got to be freaking kidding me! Didn't you have two shops work on your build? I think I remember you having rd alpha max's and two d9's at first? Correct me if im wrong, but wasn't that first build done by a different shop? Sooo lucky you didn't smoke ur amps or even worse your whole truck! You gave those guys mad props to, anyways im looking forward to the rebuild, I know ur tired of wasting money and the worst part is, you usually get what you pay for, not the case for you unfortunately! After having my h2 most of the summer, the shop doing my rebuild is just now starting on it! This almost makes me hesitant, tuned in..good luck bro

supercharged hummer h2

8 Sundown nightshade v'2 Scott Bowman built 4th order bandpass

2 precision power pcx 4125(mids & hi's)

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

dual Mike Singer350 amp alt

8 kinetic 2400 batteries two shuriken bt 120

1 kinetic 2000 under the hood

link to build log:

My link

Ty what's good man?

98Hoe.... I had this same problem with a shop here in Virginia Beach. I won't say their name (Discount Auto Sound) cough cough. Anyway fuck them. I had to go back 3 times and then I said fuck it. I'm sure David will do it right. Good luck on your new build.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

damn @ the bad wireing job

is david gunna re fiberglass the doors n what knot or leave that n rewire everything else n what knot?

n are u gunna keep the old scoshe wire or sell it? cause i need some, its good wire but to each his own

and glad u got someone that's a KNOW know about ish than someone thats a fukin DONT know lol, i did better wireing than that when i was 13

my question is how the hell did it even work?

but ya if u gunna get rid of those rcas n power wire let me know, i got pay pal, n it would give u a few $'s to throw back into this system

anyways keep ya head up mane, the best is yet to come :friends:

u'll soon get shit ton more http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif out of it :spiteful:

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Bummer man, your shit should be louder, and sound a lot better when its all done too. A big ass bank of batteries, they couldn't afford the extra few feet of 0 gauge wire, terminals, and some fuses.

I sure hope so man!

are you going to get new wire man?

yeah i ordered 350feet of 0guage.. 200 feeet of blue and 150 feet of silver

I feel bad about the waisted money that you spent for the crap work, I cant beleive that a shop would do that

cant waite to see updates ......

stay tuned,there will be some tomorow..maybe sneak a little peak tonight :D

I lika me some sneek peeks.........COME ON MAN!!!!! quit holding out......lol

Davids not on the damn plane yet???? WTF

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

OMG you have got to be freaking kidding me! Didn't you have two shops work on your build? I think I remember you having rd alpha max's and two d9's at first? Correct me if im wrong, but wasn't that first build done by a different shop? Sooo lucky you didn't smoke ur amps or even worse your whole truck! You gave those guys mad props to, anyways im looking forward to the rebuild, I know ur tired of wasting money and the worst part is, you usually get what you pay for, not the case for you unfortunately! After having my h2 most of the summer, the shop doing my rebuild is just now starting on it! This almost makes me hesitant, tuned in..good luck bro

yes correct ..well accually 3 shops.but the first system was so small i never posted about it.each shop i took it to was supposed to "we will do it right,look at what they did thats a shame" then they end up doing the same thing,in a different way.IM definatly lucky..but not countin my chickens so far..havent started taking it apart just yet..so hopefully it will hold out untill the 11th :D yeah i did give them mad props,which they did a really clean job on the fiberlassing stuff,its great.just the wiring part is FTL.

Ty what's good man?

98Hoe.... I had this same problem with a shop here in Virginia Beach. I won't say their name (Discount Auto Sound) cough cough. Anyway fuck them. I had to go back 3 times and then I said fuck it. I'm sure David will do it right. Good luck on your new build.

Thanks mang,and yeah ive heard nothing but good about david,he said hes ready to BUILD,and build somthing BIG..soooo here we gooooooo!

damn @ the bad wireing job

is david gunna re fiberglass the doors n what knot or leave that n rewire everything else n what knot?

n are u gunna keep the old scoshe wire or sell it? cause i need some, its good wire but to each his own

and glad u got someone that's a KNOW know about ish than someone thats a fukin DONT know lol, i did better wireing than that when i was 13

my question is how the hell did it even work?

but ya if u gunna get rid of those rcas n power wire let me know, i got pay pal, n it would give u a few $'s to throw back into this systemanyways keep ya head up mane, the best is yet to come :friends:

u'll soon get shit ton more http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif out of it :spiteful:

Davids not gonna touch the fiberglass on the truck any (besides the box hes building) but all the panels in there are staying the same.At first i was gonna call this thread " tahoe complete redo or tahoe complete makeover" but thats not really tha case,thats why i just said REWIRE AND BOX BUILD LOL.

yeah ill prolly keep the scoshe wire. and you know what they say about the "dont knows"

and yeah ill prolly be selling all the power wire and rcas and crap outa there thats in there now,for stupid cheap more than likely but time will tell that.And i got my head way up,aint gonna let this lil speed bump slow me down too much

Archived