Second Skin Audio

dd9512 enclosure

I need some help on the design of an enclosure. I know the space is tight but it can be done. Let me know if anyone can help. I was told to get somewhere around 3 cubes. Im only going to be throwing at most 2000 watts rms.

03 350Z

3 cubes is probably a little bit large for a 9512. I run my 9515 in about 3.5 although I have a lot of power on it...

3 cubes is actually just right. I have known people to run 3.5 cubes even 4 cubes with a 9512. They love big boxes. They also sound great in them. I wont be running a whole ton of power. Therefore, i will need a more efficient box with really nice port area. I was going to go somewhere around 3 cubes and 60sq in of port for a vent and around 50sq in for a aero.

03 350Z

i can help you out pm me some max dimentions but i do charge a small fee for a desgin and a cutsheet

This is where my problem arises. Should i go take a picture and just put arrows showing the dimension. I have a lot of space to work with but everything is going to have to be split up. Either the box will have to split to go under the brace in the back or down into the spare tire area.

03 350Z

3 cubes is actually just right. I have known people to run 3.5 cubes even 4 cubes with a 9512. They love big boxes. They also sound great in them. I wont be running a whole ton of power. Therefore, i will need a more efficient box with really nice port area. I was going to go somewhere around 3 cubes and 60sq in of port for a vent and around 50sq in for a aero.

How many have you actually run yourself?

Someone I know was running 2 9512's in 0.9 cubes each, ported. Doing 153dB legal...

They love port area, not big boxes. Big boxes = slam the cone into the spider landing, there's a lot of DDs with smashed neck joints out there...

But yes, in the scheme of things you're not running a lot of power. I would probably do ~2.5 cubes with a 6" aeroport.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

How many have you actually run yourself?

Someone I know was running 2 9512's in 0.9 cubes each, ported. Doing 153dB legal...

They love port area, not big boxes. Big boxes = slam the cone into the spider landing, there's a lot of DDs with smashed neck joints out there...

But yes, in the scheme of things you're not running a lot of power. I would probably do ~2.5 cubes with a 6" aeroport.

Well i actually had a 2512 before this one and it was ran at 800 watts true rms. The box it was in was 2.77 cubic ft. with 30sq inches of port(vented) and it surprised some people, actually seemed like it was just right. I get everything your saying. A bigger box does not always mean it's going to be louder. That is NOT the case by any means. But i was told by people who have had personal experience with them. Actually told me to run them in 3 cubic ft. with 60 sq inches of port. So i was thinking a 3 cubic ft box with a single 8 inch aero 31.5 inches long. But here is the kicker. I can't find the 8inch aero anywhere!

03 350Z

Well i actually had a 2512 before this one and it was ran at 800 watts true rms. The box it was in was 2.77 cubic ft. with 30sq inches of port(vented) and it surprised some people, actually seemed like it was just right. I get everything your saying. A bigger box does not always mean it's going to be louder. That is NOT the case by any means. But i was told by people who have had personal experience with them. Actually told me to run them in 3 cubic ft. with 60 sq inches of port. So i was thinking a 3 cubic ft box with a single 8 inch aero 31.5 inches long. But here is the kicker. I can't find the 8inch aero anywhere!

What dimensions are you working with? I'll see what I can draw up.

Nice to see a local running DD also.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

Actually told me to run them in 3 cubic ft. with 60 sq inches of port. So i was thinking a 3 cubic ft box with a single 8 inch aero 31.5 inches long. But here is the kicker. I can't find the 8inch aero anywhere!

WAYYY too much port, much too long as well.

A single 6" aero anywhere from 12-18" will do you very very nicely.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!