thehoe92 Posted September 6, 2009 Report Posted September 6, 2009 Driving around yesterday and I take a left turn and my right side speakers go out. Get home and check the mid and tweeter playing fine at a low level. Too late to do anything so come outside today to check them and I have had a problem with my right ear so maybe that was the reason so I listen with my left ear and both work at low level. Turn it up and the tweeter distorts and crackles almost like it isn't plugged in all the way. Turn it back down and now it doesn't work at all Take out my a-pillar and plug it in to my stereo in my room and it still plays. I'm very confused on this one. Surely its not the amount of watts I am only putting 15 RMS to a 100 watt RMS tweeter Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple
SQMonte Posted September 7, 2009 Report Posted September 7, 2009 I blew a tweeter sometime this past week too...My comp set is rated to handle 65w rms, i'm giving my tweeter 85w rms, it didn't like it very much. I wired up my Rainbow tweets and it sounds better now, alot better. Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
thehoe92 Posted September 8, 2009 Author Report Posted September 8, 2009 Well checked it again yesterday and it is indeed blown. Reading like 275 ohms or something like that Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple
EricR Posted September 8, 2009 Report Posted September 8, 2009 don't feel bad i blew both pairs of my orion tweeters last week i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?
thehoe92 Posted September 8, 2009 Author Report Posted September 8, 2009 I'm just glad I had 2 more tweeters that I haven't used yet. I think I might have been clipping them and the tweeters are obviously going to be the first to go. fixed up my settings it should be fine now. Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.