Big 3 on 2005 Tahoe

Hi everyone I have a 05 tahoe and I just got the 270 amp alternator from dc power :D . Im going to get it installed soon but I need to do the big 3 upgrade first. Im pretty sure i know how to do two of the cables which are the pos battery to alternator and battery ground to frame. But I dont know how to do the engine block to ground. Can someone tell me where the cable goes? And pictures of an install of the big 3 on a 05 Tahoe would be great!

2005 Tahoe

2 Kicker 15" L7's in Max Spec Box

RF T2500-1bd

270 amp DC Power Alt

Kinetik HC1800

There's a factory ground located on the firewall. Run a larger ground wire from the battery to there. Run your engine ground to the bolt on the side of the alternator bracket.

100_0660.jpg

100_0661.jpg

Thanks this really helped alot. But I just saw these pictures and I got kind of confused. Is there more ways to ground than this way? It seems they ran the engine block straight to the frame instead of battery. Heres what i mean

DSC00611.JPG

DSC00612.JPG

DSC00613.JPG

DSC00616.JPG

2005 Tahoe

2 Kicker 15" L7's in Max Spec Box

RF T2500-1bd

270 amp DC Power Alt

Kinetik HC1800

There's a zillion different ways you could run the wires and lots of different grounding points in a vehicle. Where exactly will you be grounding your equipment in the rear of the vehicle? The two main choices are body or frame. In my Yukon all my stuff was grounded to the body so under the hood I upgraded the ground to the body. If you're gonna be grounding to the frame then upgrade your ground to the frame.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg