Sundown Audio

Amp Wont Push Subs, At All... :(

Rocky.ca

Have a Planet Audio TT1250D. I used to run two 10's, with this amp and it hit pretty hard. But because I drive a jeep tj, i had to take out the back seats to fit em. So i decided to sell them and buy my buddies MTX 5510, which he gave me for 40 bucks CAD. I bought a .75 cubic ft sealed box that fit in my trunk (to spec) to put it in because I listen to mostly rock now and i dont need heavy bass. I removed my old set up, completely other then the wiring and put my back seat in. I plugged in everything again and now my amp does not put out any power from the speaker outs. The power light comes on, protection DOES NOT come on, I tried a lot of things. I tested the sub on my home audio setup to see if it was blown or not, it wasnt, and worked fine. I tried swapping out the inputs from the deck for those of an ipod, no luck. I have no idea wtf is going on. Everything turns on as normal, just no output from the sub. I also fooled around with the settings on the deck and on the amp to no avail. Anyone have a similar expierience that can offer incite as to what is going on?

wow sounds like a dead amp to me lol

Oh yeah, and the thing i forgot to mention, is that I tried a KNOWN TO WORK rockford fosgate 6001bd amp and that didnt even turn on. I havent had this amp for long but it looks to me like the power LED on the planet audio amp is dimmer then normal

maybe one of ur fuses is blown have u checked all ur fuses on the amp and head unit and maybe check ur inline fuse near the battery if u have one ohh and is ur subs just not working or is it all ur speakers in ur vehicle?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

maybe one of ur fuses is blown have u checked all ur fuses on the amp and head unit and maybe check ur inline fuse near the battery if u have one ohh and is ur subs just not working or is it all ur speakers in ur vehicle?

I checked all of the fuses, had to replace the inline one, and im not sure why, but its in tact still. and its just my sub that isnt working, all of the other speakers are fine

well maybe ur wire feel of the terminal inside hte box u might want to check that if u havent i dont know how u have it hook up

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

are u sure u have the amps grounded to bare metal if not that could cause the subs not to work u can not have a good ground but the amp will still turn on from the remote wire so check all grounds is what i would probablysay would be wrong

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

I will give it a try in a few minutes. but i dont see how that could be the case if the same amp worked perfectly with the same wiring before

well dont know maybe the amp could be screwed up but i dont i think that maybe u cut a wire when u put the car back together or do u think u didnt do that. sorry i couldnt help but just check ur ground just in case

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"