Sonic Electronix

Shoot away or you pming?

Since this thread is about regular cabs ill post it here. It might help someone else. I have a 3.9 cube box, sealed for my 4 12's. SS says they need 2 cubes each to port them, so i'd need a minimum of eight. but...what if I were to try to port the box I have now? epic fail?

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

Since this thread is about regular cabs ill post it here. It might help someone else. I have a 3.9 cube box, sealed for my 4 12's. SS says they need 2 cubes each to port them, so i'd need a minimum of eight. but...what if I were to try to port the box I have now? epic fail?

I don't know the technicality of it but basically it'll sound like poo, I'm sure someone can explain why but I haven't looked into it.

I grew up with people sticking random pieces of PVC pipe into pre-fab sealed boxes. I'd look at it and say "you're doing it wrong".

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

I don't know the technicality of it but basically it'll sound like poo, I'm sure someone can explain why but I haven't looked into it.

I grew up with people sticking random pieces of PVC pipe into pre-fab sealed boxes. I'd look at it and say "you're doing it wrong".

well thats what im afraid of. but if im thinking right exposports box calc says a 2.75x12x10 port will tune it to 41 hz. Im just not sure that it works like I think it does.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

Rebuilding err'thang

I'm working on a fiberglass box for mine atm. Check signature for the pics.

2 12"s , approx. 1.5 - 1.7 cubes. It's loud in the 40hz range but you can hardly hear it in the 30 hz range.

Don't know how long I'm gonna be able to put up with it before i throw the old trunk box in in place of the center console again.

... it was 2.5 cubes ported to 31 hz and sounded gooooood.

edit: even though my box isn't done, i'm already planning a budget for a blowthrough :spiteful: .... gotta muster the guts to cut my truck though.

Edited by sanitarium

Eh how much power are you running to each sub?

Whenever you are shrinking boxes you'll lose your frequincy range, mainly lows

now I know this is not always but I am refering to shrinking below recommended sizes by a great deal.

I would not recomend making your sealed box into a ported one, we could try a ported box with two of your 12s? But 4 12s in a single cab is alot, ported isn't impossible but I don't think it would be worth what you would have to give up

example being leg room or your seats tilt back.

Also I don't like to build boxes that cram passangers, I could, but if no one but a midget can sit in your seat I'd imagine you would be keeping the box for very long.

So if you are set on having 4 12s ported I would recomend cutting something out.

Also if you would try to port your current box you would have a very short frequnciy(sp) range you could play and it would be higher freqs at that, so not very injoyable, well to me that is I like lower tuned boxes for daily ie 28hz or so

Roseville, CA

well if my amps were doing rms it would be 1100 each.i think uts probably around 7 or 800 though. Even sealed its peaking at 140.3 db's (meca) with the driver door open. Iv done some work since then though & its louder but I just cany hang with the guys in my class. I think my tuning is too low for SPL but for drive-by it could be really good. Iv been told a smaller box will get more deebeez but my freq will go up & I dont want that.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

Rebuilding err'thang

woah long night i passed out but yea zfrerichs ima look at a couple of options and if i decide to get someone to wride my plans out ill hit you up :rolleyes:

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)