Second Skin Audio

4 15s in Astro/safari

On Saturday, I was parked by the back corner by the big Collusium sign because the show was so packed. Sunday, I was parked up front close to where the sound competition was......a little past the last concession stands. I got there early so I could get an open spot so Dropjaw could get some pics.

97 GMC Safari

4 Soundstream T5's

2 Soundstream TRX2000.1d

1 Soundstream TRX4.880

16 Soundstream SST6.5's

300a Iraggi alt.

Team Soundstream

Cool. I was doing the audio thing right by the coliseum on Saturday. By the time it got packed out- I rolled out on Sat @ 3:00 or so.

Crusin' the Coast is coming up- Oct. 4th-11th (big weekend 9th-11th).

http://www.cruisinthecoast.com/

I saw you talking about the DJ thing- are the turntables in the back functional and play through the system??? :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I don't think so- I don't go to Crusin' to enter any comps. I just go to drive, see other rides, and hang out.

Really cool on the turntables, bro! :good:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Nice setup you got.

Vented might get you 3dB. I know you say anything but a wall but here's an idea you could toss around. Build a removable barrier for the top of the box to seal off the front from the back. Something that could be laid down on top of the box when not competing and it'd blend in with what you've got going on in the van now. when you want to compete, lift up the barrier, snap it in place, and go at it.

That's about all I can think of right now that would not really mess up what you've got going right now. When I think of Astro's and stereos, I automatically think of walls. They pretty much go hand in hand together.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

The van is tight! Good luck getting the numbers you want. Keep us posted on it, when they come in and, besure to post some pics!

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

That is one nice van! I love the turntables.

I can promise you those pyles(unless they are Eminence US made) are not a loaded horn sub. Better fit for bandpass. The Soundstreams will be a good upgrade and I'm going to say a few db's over what you get now.

93' Ford Aerostar

Alpine head unit

4-5.25 MB Quarts

20-10" pyramids super Pro

1 Lanzar amp

that is one sick lookin van you got there my friend the t5 subs will get you close depend how much power you have for them they need no less than a 1000 rms if you don't want to wall it maybe fire them up port back intergrate it into your bar some how that would look good

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Today, 07:48 AM

That is one nice van! I love the turntables.

I can promise you those pyles(unless they are Eminence US made) are not a loaded horn sub. Better fit for bandpass. The Soundstreams will be a good upgrade and I'm going to say a few db's over what you get now.

I know they are made for a horn type enclousure but it was worth a try. I use folded horn enclosures when I dj and i wanted a different box so I made the one I have now. The box does hit the lows extremely well but the highs are basically lost.

Today, 05:37 AM

Nice setup you got.

Vented might get you 3dB. I know you say anything but a wall but here's an idea you could toss around. Build a removable barrier for the top of the box to seal off the front from the back. Something that could be laid down on top of the box when not competing and it'd blend in with what you've got going on in the van now. when you want to compete, lift up the barrier, snap it in place, and go at it.

That's about all I can think of right now that would not really mess up what you've got going right now. When I think of Astro's and stereos, I automatically think of walls. They pretty much go hand in hand together.

Now where would I put the wall panel...even with the pillar for the back of the sliding door?....and would I have to put a port of some sort to allow the air to travel through? I was planing to at least fiberglass and put at least one sheet of wood and dynamat for the roof liner to help with the flex.

Posted Today, 08:34 AM

that is one sick lookin van you got there my friend the t5 subs will get you close depend how much power you have for them they need no less than a 1000 rms if you don't want to wall it maybe fire them up port back intergrate it into your bar some how that would look good

Well if they dont get at least a 150 in the old box, the box will be history. I was planning to build a vented box with the subs up and port back anyway. I wanted to make it a nice fiberglass top with curves too, not just a plain jane cube lol.

97 GMC Safari

4 Soundstream T5's

2 Soundstream TRX2000.1d

1 Soundstream TRX4.880

16 Soundstream SST6.5's

300a Iraggi alt.

Team Soundstream