I read this the other morning before work and didnt have time to reply and just now getting around to it.

I got the same phone call you got a little over a year and half ago, like you I couldnt control the tears. The last thing you ever want to hear about someone you know is they have cancer, even worse when its your family and if you are like me a momma's boy you dont want to hear it from her mouth.

I can tell you what I think helped on our end was being strong for her so she could be strong, tell her the things you are gonna do when she gets cleared of this mess like vacation plans with her etc, keep her spirits up along with yours and those close to both of you. It is a hard task to take on and you will have to deal with things you wish you never had to see or be part of in the coming days but its all part of it. Hang in there, say your prayers and never leave her side. I was always close with my mom before her battle with cancer, that bond is 10x tighter now than ever.

Be strong and hang in there, feel free to PM if you have any questions that I might possibly be able to help with having been donw this road before.

sigpic_zps8cf15136.jpg