Well, it's only for one 12" type S, but what a crazy looking box..

A buddy of mine wants to get rid of his bungee corded to the back wall prefab box from his ex-cab tacoma 4x4 (sits in in the drivers side ex-cab seat). So I said sure, no problem - we'll figure something out. Figured we'd do a sealed box with over a cube of airspace, BUT............it has to be out of the way, letting 4 passengers still ride in relative comfort, keep all stock components (for ex. center console) in stock shape, and he wanted the sub facing backwards out of harms way. Holey cow!! - If you don't know, a Tacoma has no room for anything, especially keeping it stock..... no under rear seat room, nothing.... So I came up with this.........

Posted Image

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Since we were working in a small area and had to put the sub over the trans hump, I figured why not make the mounting feet over the hump part of the box?? if it helps make it to the 1-1.25 cubes, go for it......

the weird front lip went away though, didn't seem right to me....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

so, I ended up taking that front piece off, and setting the baffle of the sub up on a 'jig' glued to the workbench, just so it would be in the perfect position (while in the truck), then I built the top piece..

Posted Image

Then the new bottom, then fiberglassed them in so they would stay straight....

Posted Image

So, the next step comes along, and here's a little crappy pic to show you what's happening so far - The back of the box (which is about 3" from the center console of the truck....remember, sub is facing back and up at an angle) is only 9x9" or so, but the front is 13x13 (facing the back of the truck), and tilted upwards about 25 degrees. This makes for some crazy side angles.

Posted Image

Then, have to resin seal the inside of those sides I just made - A little 3M masking tape will do wonders on the outside of the box when you're sealing the inside- The resin will not f**k with it, or stick to it either.

Posted Image

Archived