Stock Alternator + 2 Batteries?

Will a stock alternator run/charge 2 batteries without burning it up? Its a 92 Ford Mustang, since I added another amp my battery hand likes to dance up and down while im sitting at redlights/stop signs for a while. Need another battery or would a cap work? or do more damage?

My Babies

bl-1.png

97 2.5 Avenger, 92 5.0 Fox, 97 2.0 Turbo GST Eclipse, 00 2.0 Jetta, 06 GSXR 600, 98 CBR 600, 01 GSXF 600, 93 CBR 900RR

Wilwoods dont slow your car down, they slow the earth down under your car...remember that next time you slam your brakes, you may spill my drink.

With the amps you are using, I wouldn't think it would be a problem at all. I have run a MOJO4kW with a stock alternator and and 2 giant batteries before. Granted it was a horrible idea, and blew the amp about 3 months later.

However, since your only doing about 1k RMS, It shouldn't be a problem for moderate lengths of time.

Hummer H2

(8) Crossfire XS V2 15's

(4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s

(16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange

http://www.youtube.com/Owners1

if you have the 302 under your hood you can upgrade to 150 amp alts for cheap... but there is only one way to find out..

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

Archived