Second Skin Audio

Box placement/direction

L561W

I am about to start a build in my newly acquired '96 Sunfire coupe. Going to be installing 2 Type S 12s and an Alpine 600 monoblock. It has fold down seats, but I don't want to be riding around all the time with the seats folded down. Is it still louder to face the subs forward sealed from the trunk, even though the seats will be up? Or should I just point em towards the license plate and not worry about it? Will all the extra work of sealing off be worth it? Not going to be competing but want the most sound I can get without upgrading. Thanks in advance.

I am about to start a build in my newly acquired '96 Sunfire coupe. Going to be installing 2 Type S 12s and an Alpine 600 monoblock. It has fold down seats, but I don't want to be riding around all the time with the seats folded down. Is it still louder to face the subs forward sealed from the trunk, even though the seats will be up? Or should I just point em towards the license plate and not worry about it? Will all the extra work of sealing off be worth it? Not going to be competing but want the most sound I can get without upgrading. Thanks in advance.

If you not going to compete point the subs towards the plate and don't worry about it. The subs will sound better that way with the amount of power you have available. Just mount the amp on the back of the box for easy configuration access by pulling your back seat down.

Now if you get stronger subs with more power build a ported box and face them forward so the port is blowing through the cab. Good Luck.

Live the dream baby...You will be shitting your pants again before you know it.

Archived