Second Skin Audio

Your thoughts or opinions on custom box build for 05 Five Hundred

eloc187

Ok here is the deal I have upgraded my system to a pair of JL 13.5 W6 in a professional ported box built to specs for subs tuned to around 35hz pushed by a new Memphis 1100.1. I have a 05 Ford 500 which if you have ever seen a trunk on one its huge but the box has to sit with speaker grills close to the rear panel unless I put the back up on the ledge touching the rear seats and but a brace under the front of the speakers which is what I did for a bit. Now the problem with this is it almost blocks any air from going though the deck area since the box is about touching it. I am thinking of building a custom box that will fit this area so I can still have a bit of trunk space but unsure of how to port the new box to allow it to port directly into the interior of the car. Should I even mess with this since the way it is sitting now and all pounds like crazy but if you lay the rear seats down its even louder but no way in hell am I going to drive around with them down since its so trashy looking. As it is setup now (close to the rear panel) it already flexes the crap out trunk, back window, roof and windshield like crazy so not sure if I should even mess with it but would like to be able to at least put things in the trunk again when needed like running to the store or what not. If I do decide to build a custom box I am wondering if I should port it through the rear seat arm rest area or up and through the rear deck area for optimal sound. Also I have seen many boxes vented one of those ways but some where designed with the speakers just facing into the trunk area and some where the front of them are behind plexiglass. Which way would be better for these and are the ones behind plexiglass more or less just a band pass vented into the car? I know these subs work best in a ported box or a sealed box but not recommended for a band pass setup. Any thoughts or opinions would be very appreciated and why you recommend one way over the other if you can explain the differences? Thanks

its up to you really but port throughs sound really good boxfacing forward sealed off from the trunk sound good also the port through is a bandpass box so you might want to fire it forward throught the armrest it will cut down on trunk rattle if your not into that

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Archived