how to soldering rant

no doubt raytard.... my father said that when they test the solder joint on terminals... it must be able to withstand atleast 400lbs of pulling force... im not sure what that would come out to be in dead weight....like if you hung a weight from it...since you have to factor in the pull of gravity...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Someone go dig up Charger's hydro crimped lug pics. The lug has actually fused with the wire, cold welding is the technical term. Far better connection than soldering.

Order from worst to best connection IMO:

Hammer crimp < Solder < Hex crimp < Hydro crimp

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

wicking the wire?, dose that mean makeing the soider go up inbetween all the lil strands. not sure if my soldering was done right. got my ring termals the got a ring at one end with a cone cindler like thing. what i did was filled the cildnder with solder to the top, after i pushed the wire into the hole with the solder. some solder pushes out but not much is this right i also coat in flex first wire and tremal is this right??

~2006 chrysler Sebring~

~2 runs of 1/0 front to back~

~1/0 wire for "big 3"~

-------------------------------------------------------

4 spl-hx 12'' dual 2

2 dtr 1.3400

3 c&d terminologies 1000s

100 aH Each

piccso 6.5 comps

pinoeer avh 4900dvd

pioneer xm box

blue gauges

custom dave the box guys box

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

new stuff on the way

Team

Soundstream

the term wicking we are talking about is where you push the solder in and keep heat on it untill the basically sucks the solder up...and it for the most part disappears into the wire... when you solder your terminals you want to wick quite a bit of solder into the wire... like steve meade said... his wire feels solid 3 inches below the terminal....which means that the solder has whicked that far down into the wire...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?