Sonic Electronix

So, here's the question: Do I get a second alternator or do I just replace the one I have with a bigger one?

you could do a dual alt setup but that's more money with buying the bracket and HO alt. you might wanna just look into getting a bigger alt for now and then you can always come back and purchase a dual alt bracket and throw the stock alt in with the HO alt.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

I found an Iraggi alternator I plan on getting.

The instructions Dom sent said not to use the battery isolator I have (like someone else in this thread said). I was under the impression I had to have it so that the alternator would charge the second battery as well. If that's not the case, how do I connect the second battery to the alternator so that it will be charging? Will this hurt my alternator and overwork it?

The instructions Dom sent said not to use the battery isolator I have (like someone else in this thread said). I was under the impression I had to have it so that the alternator would charge the second battery as well. If that's not the case, how do I connect the second battery to the alternator so that it will be charging? Will this hurt my alternator and overwork it?

to connect 2 batteries, alls you do is take 0 gauge and run it from the front battery + to the rear battery + and the same with the -.

a battery isolator would actually hurt your alternator more. isolators (correct me if im wrong) run down one batteries voltage, then switches to another battery, then the alternator has to charge an extremely low charge'd battery which the alternator does not like.

Connect everything in parallel. All positives together and all negatives together.

Only bad or dead batteries will cause harm to an alternator.

They dont run down the voltage they drop it around .5 volt per diode. They are not a contstant draw, they just dont pass full voltage.

I dont recommend running an isolator for any reason. For every good reason there are 3 bad ones behind it..

to connect 2 batteries, alls you do is take 0 gauge and run it from the front battery + to the rear battery + and the same with the -.

a battery isolator would actually hurt your alternator more. isolators (correct me if im wrong) run down one batteries voltage, then switches to another battery, then the alternator has to charge an extremely low charge'd battery which the alternator does not like.