Sonic Electronix

Been On The Forum Peeking And Figured

Knew I forgot something...

Im looking to build a box and want to know the optimal enclosure size for em..

I have D1 copper coils and yes I know they have all the information on FI forum but I want some outside recs...

They are currently powered by my saz-1500d..

k. A sub will meter completely differently if its in a different car, different box, has a different amp powering it. theres no exact number. you just gotta get out there and do it, and test and rebuild a lot.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Right know I have them in a 4 cu ft enclosure wit each sub seeing about 2 cu ft per chamber and I do a 140.6 but I feel like they have more in them. I believe the box is tuned to about 32-33hz

I can do about a 139.8 with this one song wit it peaking at 140 so I know she has more left in her jus wanted to see some advice from others who have more experience with them wasn't really looking for an exact answer as I know there isn't one and I have to do some testing but I am looking as to pin point a general area as I can start with 2 cu ft as thats the enclosure I currently have.

My peak frequency is 57hz if I remember correctly and a more powerful amplifier.. I have 2 800 watt subs with a amp that is underrated what amp would be better?

then play a 57hz test tone... btw that's very high for a box tuned to 32-33hz, what kind of vehicle and sub/port direction?

anything with more power... i stepped up from 2 memphis 1000ds on my SXs to a autotek 3000.1 @ .5 ohm and went from 144.x to 147.x...

noobs kthnxbi

Archived