I guess when i disconnected the siren from the brain unit, the alarm was activated. This apparently caused a spark. What damage is done, The touch was not long at all, but what has gone wrong? The siren no longer chirps when activating or setting the alarm, de-activating or panic. The siren it's self works perfectly, i've tested it to the 12V battery in the truck.

The truck is a 1998 Chevy S-10. I'm just wondering if i popped a fuse, and if so, where would the fuse be, or if i fried the brain of the alarm.

-10" Alpine type r

-Kenwood 8104d

-Kun 4 gauge

~Not bad for the price

Probably burnt out the output on the brain. There will be no fuse for the siren output.

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

If i did this, what would i do about that. Replace the whole alarm system? I cant seem to find any replacement brains for this system, at all.

Anyways to fix this if that's the case?

Take a dmm or test light and see if the output is working or not... As for a replacement all you will have to replace is the brain... Did a shop put it in? if so just take it back and play dumb like you don't know what's wrong with it.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I have a multimeter... Not sure if i could test the output with it, but i'm betting so since it will just tell me the output voltage if so. A shop did install it but it was a WHILE ago... so i doubt they'll cover it. i highly doubt it. We simply bought a new remote for it, programmed it, the thing worked fine then i noticed the wiring to the siren all junky so i stripped and re-nutted the wiring, and then it wasnt working. My buddy took it to a shop to have it looked at for a remote, because he didnt know which one to order, and the shop cut off the valet switch. We just held the wiring together to set the remote and it worked. Now if you touch the valet wiring together, the brain makes a clicking noise, like it's trying to work or something. Not sure.

-10" Alpine type r

-Kenwood 8104d

-Kun 4 gauge

~Not bad for the price