Jump to content

Quality 5x7s For a Good Price?


SDMorris

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello everyone! This forum helps a lot and I have been reading it for awhile, Steve is also a big idol of mine as far as audio stuff goes :clapping:

I have a 1997 Ford Ranger that I just bought, 51,000 miles on it, the sucker is in great condition.

IMG_1754.jpg

Now that I have taken care of the motor music with 3" Magnaflow catback exhaust, the 12 year old audio on the inside is definitely not cutting it for me. I LOVE loud music that sounds great, booming bass with clear mids and highs. I have over $1,000 invested into my computer system, and it sounds great inside my house. Although, I need some good sounding tunes in my truck now. I have checked on crutchfield and my truck has 5x7s in the door panels, and then two in the rear. Although, I am pretty new to car audio components and such, so I figured I would ask here what some good sounding 5x7s that are noticeably better than stock would be for my truck. Heres the catch, I'd like to spend at most $200 on just the speakers, all 4. Is that a little too cheap for speakers that are going to sound good? Again, I am want to only spend $200 on the speakers, not including any amplification etc. So, what would you guys reccomend for some good sounding speakers? Sooner or later here im going to be adding some (or a single) subwoofer also, just FYI. Thanks for the help guys!

-Sean.

DC AUDIO

06' Lancer

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I've always liked the infinity 6x8's for my ford's. I just bought RF power 6x8's to replace the infinity reference series in my car right now. The infinity's sound good with just deck power- but can add more to them if you need.

Alpine INA-W900

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix

Rockford Fosgate power T1500-1

Sundown SA-10 x2

Focal 6x8's front

Rockford Fosgate Power T1682 rear

Rockford Fosgate and Stinger Wiring

Powermaster D3400, S680

Posted
I just bought RF power 6x8's to replace the infinity reference series in my car right now.

RF FTW

imo excellent quality products

"Audio is not a hobby it's a lifestyle"

_____________________________Refs_1_Refs_2_____________________________

th_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifth_RF_140x100_powersubs.jpg

Posted

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11270_...CFdFL5QodhDRA1A

they sound great and will take a nice 50x4 amp in the future without breaking a sweat, they're just under your budget and sound friggin great.

/thread

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 774 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...