DC Sound Lab

WTF is an spl coil?

Well When I bought them I told Mr Rusty what I wanted to do with them he told me the price I paid it. They came with "SPL Coils" made for me on the side. I do not know if they are level 4 coils or what but he did say they changed the rms to 1000 watts. They handle a Sundown SAZ 1500D amd equal right around 1 ohm at the amp. all coils paralleled . Ask Rusty when you contact him what they are. I am thinking the SPL Coils are like the armored coils......... Only the cool people have them and Know about them. lol

I have powered a pair of lv3 12s with a Stetsom 4k2d daily. The subs took everything that amp could offer, and you know Stetsom amps make lots of power!

I have said it before, personally i think the lv3 is the BEST sub DC amps!!! This is a big statement but is truly what i believe.

You had 2 lvl3 on 4k damn. And quote"i think the lv3 is the best sub DC amps" make no sense

haha

Well When I bought them I told Mr Rusty what I wanted to do with them he told me the price I paid it. They came with "SPL Coils" made for me on the side. I do not know if they are level 4 coils or what but he did say they changed the rms to 1000 watts. They handle a Sundown SAZ 1500D amd equal right around 1 ohm at the amp. all coils paralleled . Ask Rusty when you contact him what they are. I am thinking the SPL Coils are like the armored coils......... Only the cool people have them and Know about them. lol

Ohrly? so rusty puts a little man juice on your coils for thats cool if your into that :)

:lol:

Edited by zfrerichs

Roseville, CA

ok thanks for ur input and how the heck can 15" lvl3 take 3k???

Like i said i think im just lucky.. The amp hasnt always been set right below clipping but the gain has always been rather high for them. I got my oscope in may and once i built the new box theyve been seeing all that amp can put out.. I did have to recone one but it was because the spider literally ripped off of the cone :01nocomment8so: .. Ever since the recone theyve been fine.. Run them for 5-6 minutes full tilt, no late night tip or anything but cruisin down the highway slappin for miles.. They dont like when i have the windows up, i can literally hear them wanting to go thermal :unsure: