Sonic Electronix

who designed the baskets for...

is it that hard to engineer a basket, i mean we have so many things we can draw inspiration from. Like building architecture, bridge architecture, and etc. If its strong enough to support a bridge im pretty sure it strong enough to be incorporated into a subwoofer basket... But mass producing a new design is a whole different story. Im just surprised that there arent like tons of different designs being used by the different companies, something to set them apart from the rest.

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

is it that hard to engineer a basket, i mean we have so many things we can draw inspiration from. Like building architecture, bridge architecture, and etc. If its strong enough to support a bridge im pretty sure it strong enough to be incorporated into a subwoofer basket... But mass producing a new design is a whole different story. Im just surprised that there arent like tons of different designs being used by the different companies, something to set them apart from the rest.

You would be amazed at what it costs to tool a 100% unique basket.

The 12 spoke is a chinese mass made basket that is tried and true, as well as the common 18" 6 spoker used by Sundown/DC/PAP/etc. the 12 spoke 18" is owned by Fi so Fi/AA/RE are the only ones seling using that. The "LMS" 18" and 15" is in the same category, you can buy them in bulk from china but are not legally allowed to sell them here in the US. I hope i'm not saying much, but i am looking fwd to what Rusty is doing over at DC :ph34r:

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

You would be amazed at what it costs to tool a 100% unique basket.

The 12 spoke is a chinese mass made basket that is tried and true, as well as the common 18" 6 spoker used by Sundown/DC/PAP/etc. the 12 spoke 18" is owned by Fi so Fi/AA/RE are the only ones seling using that. The "LMS" 18" and 15" is in the same category, you can buy them in bulk from china but are not legally allowed to sell them here in the US. I hope i'm not saying much, but i am looking fwd to what Rusty is doing over at DC :ph34r:

-Drew

ye i guess if you think about where you are gonna store all of the baskets and shipping them and paying for workers and all the expenses and whatnot. But even then couldn't you just design a new basket here in the US and then have it manufactured in china at a factory that already specializes in basket making? Then they can be sold in bulk to subwoofer companies here in the US.

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

The "LMS" 18" and 15" is in the same category, you can buy them in bulk from china but are not legally allowed to sell them here in the US. I hope i'm not saying much, but i am looking fwd to what Rusty is doing over at DC :ph34r:

-Drew

a 2006 t3 tsns?

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple