Sonic Electronix

Hey there. My name is Matt.

I am new to this site and car audio in general.

I was looking around and its looks like a ported box is better than a sealed box. I currently have 2 15'' MTX Thunder 4500's in a sealed box. I've had them for almost a month now and already want to improve.

Any suggestions and/or box designs that would improve my system would be greatly appreciated.

Also if it helps i drive a 05 GMC Envoy.

Thanks, Matt

Edited by white513

2006 GMC Envoy

2 15'' MTX Thunder 4500

BOSE Audio

I was looking around and its looks like a ported box is better than a sealed box. I currently have 2 15'' MTX Thunder 4500's in a sealed box. I've had them for almost a month now and already want to improve.

Any suggestions and/or box designs that would improve my system would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Matt

A nice ported box, would give you a great increase in output. Do you have the width specs of your vehicle, and the height and depth you would be able to go.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Welcome to the site. Lots of good people on here can help you design boxes. You will notice an AMAZING difference with ported.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

Thanks, Matt

Each type of box has it's pros and cons. Generally speaking, a ported box will be louder than a sealed box, but a sealed box will have better sound quality. It's very possible to have a loud, sealed box or a ported box with great sound quality, it just depends on how well you design your box. If you're looking for help designing a box, post some of the specs on how big you want your box, and we can help you come up with a few designs you might like.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Thank you everyone for the support.

The box can be 40 inches long by 20 inches tall and 20 inches deep.

And yes I definitely want some :hairtrick:

If anyone can help with a box design it would be greatly appreciated. Just let me know if you need more info.

Thanks, Matt

2006 GMC Envoy

2 15'' MTX Thunder 4500

BOSE Audio

http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

Shoot for 33hz with the recommended cu ft of your subs.....It isnt exactly right but should give you a good idea.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.