Guest MegaloManiac

how high is the r6 in the picture of yours?..i looked on other sites the average height is 32.3 in

and Suzuki has the lowest seat height of around 31.9"

Edited by MegaloManiac

May I ask a dumb question, is the dogbone the thing that holds the rear shock or what is it, any pics?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Thats exactly what I thought it was, I didn't know sport bikes had them, I thought it was just the way motocross bikes were setup.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Guest MegaloManiac

im definately looking into the zuki 600s cause of the lowest seat height. I may have to take a trip to the dealer and sit on a couple.

deisal: you said your wife traded in her honda for an 750. Is she able to be flat footed on ground when at a stop?...she's about my height.

Edited by MegaloManiac

Yeah she can flat foot the zuki with no probs...but I would definately stick with the 600. We only opted for the extra power due to our altitude and the fact that we are always riding in 10,000 + ft elevations, so it robs your power big time.

To answer your question about the R6 height. The R6 easily had a 32 inch seat height. What's crazy is that the wife can flat foot the R1 just fine as well, but not hte R6. Not sure why, but the R6 has a good 1.5 - 2 inches on the 1

Edited by str86diesel

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Guest MegaloManiac

yeah I've seen an R1 in person, its weird how its a bit smaller than the r6.

I'm def looking into the 600s. do you know if the older model zukis(04ish) have about the same seat height as a new 1?

Actually zuki lowered the seat height when they went to the new model, being that they changed how and were the motor was mounted. So the older models 05 and below have the same 32 seat height as yami, honda and kawi.

seriously bro..if your interested in getting a bike, i'd go into a local dealer and just start sitting on different make/models/years. It will be the only way to find what you really want.

If you can, test drive different makes/models. I personally hate the throttle and powerband of the slowzuki, which is why I stick with Yami. I love how linear the band is, but that's me. I told the dealer flat out, that if they wanted my money, I was doing some test riding. They didn't like it, but agreed to it as long as I filled out an insurance waver (to make sure the bike wasn't dropped). It really helped me make up my mind and it showed me that the dealer really did want my business.

EDIT: Also, one very important note. Once you find what you want, do not purchase it until you call your insurance company and check on rates. We just switched insurance companies and it was a reminder to me of how bad insurance companies hate sportbikes. I was paying $300 every 6 months for my R1 (full coverage) and for no reason, no accidents or tickets, they jacked my rates up to $2800 every 6 months. Your jaw will drop when you see how much most insurance companies charge.

Edited by str86diesel