Sundown Audio

PA BAMF 5500...yeah i know

PUNKYOU007

so i have a buddy that is that guy, that guy that asks for help on everything and always wants you to suggest this and that. im that guy that always falls for it even though i know he will never actually spend the money on good equipment. so since he is so set on spending pocket change on an amplifier, i figure he should at least buy the biggest one they make, the BAMF 5500 or the STAX, the SPL version (Gorilla) any of them they are all the same. what do you guys supposed the reall output of this thing could be at 2 ohms and 1 ohm. he also wants to run some 15" audiopipe axxpx i think thats what they are called, they claim 1000w rms.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I have an SPL amp that runs pretty good, but im only beating a small system. I know a lot of people who are new to car audio use PA as well. not to familiar with audiopipe subs but i hear good thins about their amps.

i think i just gave myself a concussion i facepalmed so hard.

and for the 1's that dont like me.....

well, Im still here fuckers. Cant get rid of me that easy.

im just wondering what he can really expect out of that amp. he wants to do 4 15's but that will be a .5 ohm load or a 2 ohm load. the amp i dont think is stable at .5 but at 2 its on rated 2500 i think. like i said the subs are rated at 1000 rms each.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

What's your buddy's budget?

he has an $800 bonus check middle of next month and he wants to buy a touchscreen deck, the sub amp and two subs. then he will get a nice check in Nov and one more in Dec so he wants to build it in stages. total i think hes gonna spend around $2100. but thats for a deck, wiring, components, subs, highs amp, sub amp, wiring, and alarm.

d(-__-)b

Try and push him toward a powerbass 4000d. I was looking at jacks build on here were he used those amps and they pound hard.

trust me i have tried to get him to buy a better amp, hes just not gonna commit $800 to one amp. the PA amp is like 250 i think.

d(-__-)b

Tell him the AP30001D. It'll do 3000@ 2 ohm. If his goal is the 4 15's, and will be a 2 ohm final load, go that route. It's around 300 bucks.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

Tell him the AP30001D. It'll do 3000@ 2 ohm. If his goal is the 4 15's, and will be a 2 ohm final load, go that route. It's around 300 bucks.

i did suggest that one to him, i think Armyguy is running one isnt he. i hadnt checked price on it though i thought it was around $500.

d(-__-)b