white4d96 Posted September 28, 2009 Report Posted September 28, 2009 I am severely lacking in midbass in my car (see sig for equip.) and want to buy some cheap midbass drivers. I was considering getting some cheap home subs and running them as midbasses, something like these: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=290-352 Give 'em like 50-70 watts IB with a 60Hz HPF or a 60Hz/1000Hz BPF in the back doors. Whaddyathink? Too many projects, too little time...
Boon Posted September 28, 2009 Report Posted September 28, 2009 Hows the installation? I'd look at that first. -Is the door deadened? -How solidly are the speakers mounted? -Have you sealed the access holes? Try these first. Deadening and sealing the front doors is one of the foundation blocks of a good sounding system. 10.x volts fo' life!
white4d96 Posted September 29, 2009 Author Report Posted September 29, 2009 Hows the installation? I'd look at that first.-Is the door deadened? -How solidly are the speakers mounted? -Have you sealed the access holes? Try these first. Deadening and sealing the front doors is one of the foundation blocks of a good sounding system. 1- No 2- Solid to the crap plastic OEM housings, so no. 3- No Is there a way I could seal the access holes so I can still use them? I may need a door handle before too too long... Too many projects, too little time...
Boon Posted September 29, 2009 Report Posted September 29, 2009 I use thin MDF and aluminium/bitumen tape... if I have to get in there I just cut the tape. 10.x volts fo' life!
white4d96 Posted October 18, 2009 Author Report Posted October 18, 2009 Hate to be the "thread from the dead" guy but I am still in the hunt for some more midbass after sealing my doors. Any thoughts on the drivers in the original post? Also is there anywhere I can either buy an inexpensive adjustable bandpass crossover or calculate what parts I need to make my own? Too many projects, too little time...
tacomabanga1986 Posted October 18, 2009 Report Posted October 18, 2009 i was gunna give these a try, they might help u with midbass, and i use that aluminum backed rubber roofing tape to deadin my truck, i think u can get it at lowes http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_...udio_MA65B.aspx heres a vid of em on roe if ur registered there http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/Video-15...-5-1.html#watch here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit
white4d96 Posted October 18, 2009 Author Report Posted October 18, 2009 That price for a single or a pair? Too many projects, too little time...
tacomabanga1986 Posted October 18, 2009 Report Posted October 18, 2009 it might be each but im not sure, u can get a set of kicker cvt 6&1/2s in 2ohm or 4ohm for around $60 on ebay i think, i was gunna run those in my doors but ima try out runnin active for now here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit
white4d96 Posted October 18, 2009 Author Report Posted October 18, 2009 See I'm just looking for something temp. on a budget for now. I was also considering getting a couple pairs of these and a box of 200 tweets, then some component xovers if anyone is selling some or whatever and doing DIY comp sets for now. IDK how well that would work though; maybe I would just be better off wiring up my own crosses, but I would have to learn how to do that. Too many projects, too little time...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.