Sundown Audio

test tone

fox_racin4

I preffer a 50 hertz test one.

Why?

There are a good many amps on the market today that do not have a flat frequency response, exspecially if they have a bass boost built in.

Even with it turned all the way down you still may not have a flat response.

I recommend a 50 hertz 0db recording for this reason. Atleast to start with, then try the -3db version.

The 0db recording will give you a fair amount of headroom to work with so you can safely add a little bass boost from your H/U or strait from your amp.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

then with it at 0 it shuts the bass completly off i have the bass on the eq down all the way as asll so i think its moreless a sub volume

Without a scope I can't tell you for sure but from what you just said, 0 being off I'm guessing 8 would be equall to not even haveing that control on your H/U at all and is where you want to set your gains at.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

then with it at 0 it shuts the bass completly off i have the bass on the eq down all the way as asll so i think its moreless a sub volume

have you tried haveing it at 0 and the eq at 0 instead of all the way down(im assuming all the way down is negative numbers)

i dont get what your trying to say with the having it at 8 out of 0-8 lol

what will be the differance from te -3db and 0 db ive never understood that

its quieter. not exactly sure, but -3 might be half the power of 0 db

Example I can use is my Alpine. It has a subwoofer control on it that goes from 0 to 14 and my pre out voltage is supposed to be 2 volts.

One way to find out what number on my subwoofer control is the equall to the rest of my pre outs is to use a test tone and leave everthing flat on the H/U.

Turn up the H/U to about 50% and use a DMM to read the output voltage on your front and rear pre outs and they should equall the same.

Lets say 50% volume of your H/U is 1 volt output on your front and rears (they measure the same) now go to the subwoofer output and measure it and turn the subwoofer volume up on the H/U until it is equall with your front and rears.

So all 3 sets of preouts are measureing the same output with the same test tone at the same volume placement and odds are what ever you ended up setting the sub volume control at to equall the rest of your outputs should be equivalent to not haveing a subwoofer volume at all and is the number you want to use when setting the gains on your subwoofer amps.

My alpine needs to be on 14 to be equall or react the same as the rest of my preouts.

Terryswork001.png