Sonic Electronix

Grand Marquis. Which setup should i do?

yeah i have 2 level 4 12s dual 2 ohm...

but only one is workin due too ripped tinsel leads....

the one that is workin is hookd up to merlin md3d

if i get a recone what other options would u suggest i get..including the lv5 coils?

If you're only planning on running 1k to each sub then i wouldn't even suggest LVL5 coils. LVL4s should be able to handle like 2k daily at least without any issues with regular lvl4 coils.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

okae well what are some options that he offers when he does the recones?

I have no idea, I'm guessing for a fee he could add sum extra spiders, different coil, different dust cap, etc... I don't see much else that he could do.

If i were you I'd just get a regular recone for them since you're planning on getting them D1s... What coils are they currently and what ohm are they wire to??

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

since you guys have seen his trunk and mines basically the same (i have a crown vic) what would you think would be louder? porting through the rear deck or just cutting a big hole in the rear deck. the rear deck has a hole about the 8" in the center of it so a 6" aeroport could go there but some elbows would be needed to get to the box since the gas tank is right behind the rear seats on these cars (I hope the OP didn't screw the amps down on that "hump" back there) I have used some Dayton Audio port elbows and aeroports before in a ported fiberglass box before but my Avalanche kept breaking the elbows so i don't want to use those again. maybe some regular pvc water pipe elbows but i don't know if they would disrupt flow/fuck with tuning.

1997 crown vic police interceptor

headunit: avic x710bt

sub amp: powerbass xta 1500d

sub: fi 15" bl fully loaded

enclosure: 3.5 cubes @ 33hz firing through rear deck

mids/highs: crappy pioneer paper cone 6x9's and stock rears for now

mid/high amp:h/u power FTL

wiring: knuconceptz 1/0 memphis interterconnects

since you guys have seen his trunk and mines basically the same (i have a crown vic) what would you think would be louder? porting through the rear deck or just cutting a big hole in the rear deck. the rear deck has a hole about the 8" in the center of it so a 6" aeroport could go there but some elbows would be needed to get to the box since the gas tank is right behind the rear seats on these cars (I hope the OP didn't screw the amps down on that "hump" back there) I have used some Dayton Audio port elbows and aeroports before in a ported fiberglass box before but my Avalanche kept breaking the elbows so i don't want to use those again. maybe some regular pvc water pipe elbows but i don't know if they would disrupt flow/fuck with tuning.

Hey man just start up your own thread, no need to clog up someone elses... I'll help u out once u do.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

I have no idea, I'm guessing for a fee he could add sum extra spiders, different coil, different dust cap, etc... I don't see much else that he could do.

If i were you I'd just get a regular recone for them since you're planning on getting them D1s... What coils are they currently and what ohm are they wire to??

well the yare both dual 2ohm

they are both in the box but only one is doin all the work...

so just send them in and get them reconed ?? correct?

well the yare both dual 2ohm

they are both in the box but only one is doin all the work...

so just send them in and get them reconed ?? correct?

What do u have them wired to right now?? .5ohm or 2ohms

If u want them reconed to a different coil config, then contact Rusty and see if you guys can set up when he can do them... Or contact Dave(Team PSI) and he should be able to help u out also.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

What do u have them wired to right now?? .5ohm or 2ohms

If u want them reconed to a different coil config, then contact Rusty and see if you guys can set up when he can do them... Or contact Dave(Team PSI) and he should be able to help u out also.

only one of the subs is wired.. to 1ohm...

Who is dave.. just wondering...

only one of the subs is wired.. to 1ohm...

Who is dave.. just wondering...

Dave has been a member on different forums for years and does custom recones/subs... His quality is top notch, great CS, and good prices also. He has a section on car audio classifieds forum too, so u can check out some of his builds - http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/f...splay.php?f=104

Here's a link to his site - http://www.fixmyspeaker.com/

Also i know the single sub is wired to 1 ohm, but when u had both of them in what were they wired to?

Pioneer AVIC-N2

Dave has been a member on different forums for years and does custom recones/subs... His quality is top notch, great CS, and good prices also. He has a section on car audio classifieds forum too, so u can check out some of his builds - http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/f...splay.php?f=104

Here's a link to his site - http://www.fixmyspeaker.com/

Also i know the single sub is wired to 1 ohm, but when u had both of them in what were they wired to?

i never played them both at the same time... it was first 1 12 in one box. and by the time i got the second one i ripped the tinsil leads.... and i already had the box done..