Second Skin Audio

I cant pick a Design !!

i dont really know much about 6th orders, but wouldnt the non-centered design load kinda weird? the center/center design looks more...correct

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

looks to me like the one with both ports centered wouldn't work to efficiently as a 6th order as the back port would just be going straight out the front. im not real sure though, i like 4th orders better

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Nice Box! If you get the ports right, it will bang!! :hairtrick: :hairtrick:

If I were you, I would not put the internal port right in front of the main port.

The reasons for this don't pertain to tuning (it will be about the same), but rather with port noise. If the internal port is right in front of the other, then you will be able to hear any noises the internal port makes. Tucked over into the corner, it will be shielded by the wood.

If you haven't done a box like this before, I would highly recommend using round ports for the internal, just in case you need to change tuning. I apologize for this unwanted advice if you've already done a test box and already know where to tune...

Good luck.

Nice Box! If you get the ports right, it will bang!! :hairtrick: :hairtrick:

If I were you, I would not put the internal port right in front of the main port.

The reasons for this don't pertain to tuning (it will be about the same), but rather with port noise. If the internal port is right in front of the other, then you will be able to hear any noises the internal port makes. Tucked over into the corner, it will be shielded by the wood.

If you haven't done a box like this before, I would highly recommend using round ports for the internal, just in case you need to change tuning. I apologize for this unwanted advice if you've already done a test box and already know where to tune...

Good luck.

well I wouldn't but it has nothing to do with port noise, it's so the port loads the chamber and not the second port.

the one with thte middle ports will act like a series tuned 6th order instead of a parallel

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.