Melted Fuse and Fuse Holder

So it quit raining and I had time to look under the truck. The big wire running down and out of the red box (yellow arrow in the pictures above) goes to two diffrent places, 1) to a connector to the side of my tranny 2) to the starter. ALSO I noticed the ground wire from my battery runs to the starter aswell, It also splits off in the middle and goes to the side of the motor.

I have no idea what to do about this, the only thing I can think of is to leave everything where it's at and just install the BigIII without removing any wires just running the 1/0 over the exsisting connections.

What do y'all think? Yes/No? Screwed/Managable?

03' Reg Cab 2500HD

Alpine 9807 H/U

Infinity Ref 6.5" Front Speakers

Pioneer 4"x6" Rear Speakers

Quantum Audio 1100.1 Amp

PPI 5 Channel Amp

Kicker 05' S12L5's <~ thats plural baby

Damn I wish I had pics. I would also stay away from the maxi's I melted two one that came with my Rockford 4 gauge kit then one I picked up also Rockford melted. When I went back up there to get something else they had shown me like 6 of the Rockford's that had melted one actually started a small fire under the hood.

This isn't the system I originally had, I started off with two 12" Type R's. Then I sold those and went to a local audio shop in Cedar Park and asked for a Kicker L5 but they talked me into 4 10" Phoenix Gold subs and a PG Amp along with this 4gu wiring kit... well I had the 10"'s in there for a week and kept hearing this rattleing noise when I turned it up. So I went back and told them I didn't like it so they said they would trade them out for 4 12's and put them in the same box, and I was WTF, little air space difference there ain't there. SO the guy takes out a sub and looks in the box and sure enough there's a 2x4 block just laying in there and I'm like... I'll take that L5 now.... And thats the story about how I got the wiring... I trusted some idiot ass audio shop people... they arn't in buisness anymore, I could only wonder why...

03' Reg Cab 2500HD

Alpine 9807 H/U

Quantum Audio 1100.1 Amp

PPI 5 Channel Amp

Well I was already planning on going the ANL Fuse route, as Rockford says they can hold the most. But the problem isn't which fuse to go with, It's how to run the BigIII that is the hold up.

03' Reg Cab 2500HD

Alpine 9807 H/U

Quantum Audio 1100.1 Amp

PPI 5 Channel Amp

Well I think I found my solution in a picture in this post:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=54900

If Derrick824 says thats the way it's done, then thats the way it's done in my book.

03' Reg Cab 2500HD

Alpine 9807 H/U

Quantum Audio 1100.1 Amp

PPI 5 Channel Amp

Don't worry about any of the factory wiring. Leave it alone and just add to it. I grounded to the factory body ground on the firewall because all my equipment was grounded to the body in the back of my Yukon. I also tested out adding a full length ground of RF 2/0awg wire from the front batt to the back and saw zero gain so I removed it. Grounding to the body worked great for me and I had as much as 9k watts in there.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Don't worry about any of the factory wiring. Leave it alone and just add to it. I grounded to the factory body ground on the firewall because all my equipment was grounded to the body in the back of my Yukon. I also tested out adding a full length ground of RF 2/0awg wire from the front batt to the back and saw zero gain so I removed it. Grounding to the body worked great for me and I had as much as 9k watts in there.

Check and check, that sounds like the best idea since my amps are ground to my cab. I'm gonna go ahead and order my wire then, hopefully tonight if I can get some opinions on fuse holders. Idk if I wanna go with those tube ones again, I'm afraid the same thing would happen as before and the ends would just melt off... Any sugestions anyone?

Posted Image

03' Reg Cab 2500HD

Alpine 9807 H/U

Quantum Audio 1100.1 Amp

PPI 5 Channel Amp

Archived