Enclosure vent help

hell, for an old school kicker comp 12, it reads for 400 cu.in. of port area for an "SPL" box at 2.25 cubes(+ port displacement). By the "general rule of thumb" listed above, i'd be nowhere near a number like this. Granted they're pyramids and not kicker's but damn :unknw:

I've just learned that I'm drunk, with the silly formula I was using. It's cuz I was also multiplying the depth to get port area. I didn't know it was just the front two dimensions. Now with that being said...how would I go about figuring the depth on the port I would need for an enclosure that would be about 2.5 per sub being used in a daily rap music set-up?

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

I've just learned that I'm drunk, with the silly formula I was using. It's cuz I was also multiplying the depth to get port area. I didn't know it was just the front two dimensions. Now with that being said...how would I go about figuring the depth on the port I would need for an enclosure that would be about 2.5 per sub being used in a daily rap music set-up?

I would just use an online calculator. You know your box size and your port area just need the tuning you want and it will tell you the length. There's a good one Here .

So you would use the 5 cubic feet with, say 70 square inches of port, so maybe 7wide by 10tall, with the 5 cubic feet, pick your tuning and VOILA!

As an example, I just ran it with the 70 sq in and 5cuft at 34Hz and got about 25.75 inches.

Too many projects, too little time...

I would just use an online calculator. You know your box size and your port area just need the tuning you want and it will tell you the length. There's a good one Here .

So you would use the 5 cubic feet with, say 70 square inches of port, so maybe 7wide by 10tall, with the 5 cubic feet, pick your tuning and VOILA!

As an example, I just ran it with the 70 sq in and 5cuft at 34Hz and got about 25.75 inches.

IS that 25.75 deep?? Anybody please help

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

Yes the 25.75 is the depth.

I would ask aroudn about a port tuning for those subs though, I just used the 34Hz as a random number lol.

So then your port would be (as an example) 7" by 10" by 25.75"

Finding t/s numbers has been impossible in my search thus far...I even emailed Pyramid themselves, but haven't received a response in over a week. If ANYONE has an idea of optimum settings, please tell.

If anyone has any general idea of a lower mod subs numbers, please do tell :friends:

What frequency should I try to tune the port to for my subs on daily rap? 12" 4 ohm svc 300 rms each(2)

Edited by imfrom210texas

What frequency should I try to tune the port to for my subs on daily rap? 12" 4 ohm svc 300 rms each(2)

about 32-35hz or so should be fine

hell, for an old school kicker comp 12, it reads for 400 cu.in. of port area for an "SPL" box at 2.25 cubes(+ port displacement). By the "general rule of thumb" listed above, i'd be nowhere near a number like this. Granted they're pyramids and not kicker's but damn :unknw:

wait wut.....400cuin of port area? i hope to god you dont mean 400sqin. 40sqin makes more sense there lol.

wait wut.....400cuin of port area? i hope to god you dont mean 400sqin. 40sqin makes more sense there lol.

This was in an earlier post of this topic by me:"I've just learned that I'm drunk, with the silly formula I was using. It's cuz I was also multiplying the depth to get port area. I didn't know it was just the front two dimensions." Thanks for the numbers man

Does anyone think they would be louder in an enclosure with more than 2.5 cubes per sub? If so, how big should I go??

Edited by imfrom210texas

I hit the motherload!! With these specs: http://www.pyramidcaraudio.com/manuals/PW1254US.pdf What box calc. would be good to figure out my box? Look at the date on that shit!!! :lol: