Sonic Electronix

Ok let me put it this way. Do most SQL competitors port their boxes?

If you mean spl competitors than yes they do port their boxes

'04 Ford Explorer

Jenson headunit

Rockford Fosgate Power T-1000-4

Rockford Fosgate T-1000-1bd

2 Fi 15" ssds

4 Pioneer TS-D6802R

God damn.

So much speculation in this thread.

'Effect' (You mean affect?) meaning change - yes porting a box will change how it sounds.

Will it 'make it have less response'? No. Depending on the sub and how you tune the box you can actually extend the frequency response below the subs natural roll-off frequency while still having a flat response the rest of the way.

Porting usually results in an increase in efficiency and hence a louder system.

There's no such thing as SQL competition.

A ported box can be very punchy, it depends how you build it and port it. Also depends on the sub. Put a DD 9515 in a sealed box and it won't be punchy. Put it in a box ported to 40hz and it will slam you in the face.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Well excuse me. Hopefully one day I can be as knowledable and perfect as you are. God I hope so! You dont have to be such an ass hole about everything you know. Do you want the audio scene to grow? Or do you want it to just dwindle away like it never existed? Because if you act like this to all of the new guys tryin to get started then you arent giving the audio scene a very good reputation. So think about that next time you want to put down a "newbie."

Well excuse me. Hopefully one day I can be as knowledable and perfect as you are. God I hope so! You dont have to be such an ass hole about everything you know. Do you want the audio scene to grow? Or do you want it to just dwindle away like it never existed? Because if you act like this to all of the new guys tryin to get started then you arent giving the audio scene a very good reputation. So think about that next time you want to put down a "newbie."

So shoot me, I answered the question ;S

I was more pissed off at the stuff being posted above. If you went to a shop to ask about something and got told a bunch of crap you wouldn't be happy either.

Nothing against you at all dude...

EDIT: Yeah, and I'm a giant asshole :)

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!