Sonic Electronix

im sort of new to this whole car audio thing, i mean ive always been a great fan but never really done anything myself so i need your guys help to see if what i know so far is good haha ok so ive been thinking about what im gonna get for my car... its gonna be my first car audio system ever and i was gonna go for something simple at first as long as i wasnt running stock... but now i just wanna go all out but i wanna make my car look like its still stock, and i say that because i dont want to cut any holes on my doors or anything...

so this is what i wanted to get...

15'' Fi BTL

powered by Hifonics BXI2608D

CDT 4'' 2-way component system for the front

CDT 5.25'' 2-way component system for the rear

powered by a Crunch P900.4

is that good? or i need more speakers? better amps?

and my main questions were what do i need to upgrade in my car? another battery? a powerful alternator? what kind of wiring to use on the amps/speakers? i was thinking about buying something like this for the amp wiring http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-05PKD1-0-Gaug...r/dp/B000HJRMD2 is that gonna work? please let me know i wanna start this project as soon as possible

-Thanks

2005 Dodge Magnum

Kenwood DNX573S Double Din

NVX Big 3 Kit

NVX 0 Gauge Cable & speaker cable

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6.5" Incriminator Audio Components (just mids)

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

(2) 12" NVX VCW Subwoofers

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664

u will need

a better alt

like 1-2 d3100's

and the bigest battery u can fit in the hood

the big 3 in 1/0 and the rest of the wireing in 1/0

and i would drop done 2 a fi bl...that btl will hate u with that amp

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

u will need

a better alt

like 1-2 d3100's

and the bigest battery u can fit in the hood

the big 3 in 1/0 and the rest of the wireing in 1/0

and i would drop done 2 a fi bl...that btl will hate u with that amp

oh alright... so i wanst that lost haha so i need a bigger amp for the btl huh? gotta start lookin for one... like a 3000watt amp or what? but damn the battery i got under the hood is huge haha... i dont know much about batteries but the battery on my car is bigger than the battery my dads armada... i dont know if its a mercedes thing but its huge haha

2005 Dodge Magnum

NVX Big 3 Kit

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664

oh alright... so i wanst that lost haha so i need a bigger amp for the btl huh? gotta start lookin for one... like a 3000watt amp or what? but damn the battery i got under the hood is huge haha... i dont know much about batteries but the battery on my car is bigger than the battery my dads armada... i dont know if its a mercedes thing but its huge haha

3k the btl will be "alright" but if u get a 3k u will need alot of power 4 it (if it a real 3k amp)

havein that "huge" battery u might fit a d31 under there

wut kind of car is it? that will help alot

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

3k the btl will be "alright" but if u get a 3k u will need alot of power 4 it (if it a real 3k amp)

havein that "huge" battery u might fit a d31 under there

wut kind of car is it? that will help alot

its a Mercedes 300E

MercedesWallpaper-1-1.jpg

2005 Dodge Magnum

NVX Big 3 Kit

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664

i would drop down 2 a bl and get a real 2k watt amp and a good 4-ch amp

then u will just need about 4 cb ft (after sub,port and all the goodies) and 1-2 d31 with a 24 or 27 or if u can a 31 under the hood all wired in 1/0 wut the right size fuses

as the spekers go did u make sure they will fix in the stock spot (unless ur going 2 glass some new ones) if ur goin 2 use the stock spots look at this page http://www.mobiletoys.com/partners/infinity/Default.aspx and see how deep of speaker u can go then start lookin 4 speakers that go with the 4-ch and make sure u use the right size wire 4 the amps

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

IIRC that Mercedes has plenty of room for a HUGE batt under the hood. Also they have 3-way speakers in the front (i can't remember exact sizes) so that may be a bit of fun to figure out if you don't want to invest in a 3 way set to replace it, as well as bypassing the factory amplifier.

rockfordfosgate4.jpgmecp.jpg

CAUTION!

POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET

i would drop down 2 a bl and get a real 2k watt amp and a good 4-ch amp

then u will just need about 4 cb ft (after sub,port and all the goodies) and 1-2 d31 with a 24 or 27 or if u can a 31 under the hood all wired in 1/0 wut the right size fuses

as the spekers go did u make sure they will fix in the stock spot (unless ur going 2 glass some new ones) if ur goin 2 use the stock spots look at this page http://www.mobiletoys.com/partners/infinity/Default.aspx and see how deep of speaker u can go then start lookin 4 speakers that go with the 4-ch and make sure u use the right size wire 4 the amps

oh alright... well actually i had already looked into that cuz right now i got 4inch kickers in the dash and 5.25 polks on the rear deck and they fit and sound ok but they are just being powered by the head unit... but anyways they still got some room left because u dont screw the speakers on to anything they are held down by some like foam and plastic that goes around the magnet its hard to explain... and also theres like a metal harness around and the magnet also holds on to that... both speakers have some extra space but the speakers dont move around... but im going to bed haha its 4am and im still up these forums are addicting haha latez be back in a while...

2005 Dodge Magnum

NVX Big 3 Kit

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664

IIRC that Mercedes has plenty of room for a HUGE batt under the hood. Also they have 3-way speakers in the front (i can't remember exact sizes) so that may be a bit of fun to figure out if you don't want to invest in a 3 way set to replace it, as well as bypassing the factory amplifier.

yeah ive heard of the factory amplifier but still havent stripped the trunk to look for them i heard it was behind the seat behind the carpet but i like i said i havent stripped the trunk yet... haha im guessing thats one of the reasons the speakers i got on their sound pretty decent... oh and i think from 1990 and up they are three way speakers not on mine its a 1989 :( haha and also on the rear 1990 got like two tweeters and the mids and mine just had a plain mid speaker hahaha and i know this because my sister drives a 1990 300E just like mine and i already took the caps off to look at her speakers and its so different than mine... they even have speakers on the front doors!!!

2005 Dodge Magnum

NVX Big 3 Kit

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664