So, I had to go to Burney Cali today for a service call on a Turbo Chef oven at a subway. That is those speed cookers they use to cook sandwiches really fast. Dual microwave, and 500deg convection cooker.

Anyways, so I drive out there, 250miles and 4hrs later, I get there, and stuck waiting for 1hr for the highschool kids to finish there lunch time rush. Get busy with the cooker, fix it, seemed like a simple fix- Leaking radiation, and cooking when in cook mode, not cooking- Fixed, tested a few times, and left

Started driving back down hwy 299, 20 miles from the store, coming around a corner at about 55mph, a hurd of deer jump across the freeway. Might have been only 3, but looked like a couple more stayed on the other side of the street (smart guys)

a mother, and 2 fawn jet across in front of me, I slam the brakes on, and try to dodge the fukers, but damn- Tagged the last fawn

flew about 20 -30ft in to the bushes in a helicopter effect

finally stopped, and I was really surprised no air bags went off, checked the truck, barely any damage, small dent in the bumper, and passenger light out, and license plate just hangin there. Some other guys in a truck stopped, pulled over, asked if I was alright and all, and went to go look at the deer, yeah dead, head 180deg, bleeding from the ear mouth and nose, poor guy

I was actually wondering if it was deer hunting season, I was truly debating to take it home for some grub

Anyways, my first deer kill

Its about 530, I left home at 7am this morning, and Iam 1 mile from hwy 5, on the 299, and I get a call saying the oven is down again- WTF

So I drive back down again, another 55miles back I get there are 630pm check some things out realize its the control board, and get it up and running temporarily until the owner can make up his mind if he wants to spend $1200 on a new control board. Working, all is done, heading back

I shit you not, again, 1 mile , maybe max 5 miles from hwy 5, and I get a call again from my boss again...

Oven crapped out again

At this point I tell my boss, " Look you can fire me, but I'am not going back down hwy 299 again, its dark, winding, I have 1 head light, and not getting a ticket at the companies expense, and if I do, you guys are paying the ticket" blahh blahh, I was seriously pissed

I was literally stuck in the truck while the owner of my company makes a decision to just let me go home- 30mins later...

its about 830, and finally dark, fix the truck with my own money- I just didn't want to be pulled over at all

Finally left the Redding area at 915 or so just walked in the door at 12am

250m to, 250 miles from 100miles of unnecessary back and forth on the 299

man, thats alot of miles 600 in 1 day while doing service calls- 7am- 12am, 17 hrs, am I adding this wrong? damn long day- Beat

The things I do to pay the bills

rant, and just plain grumpy

And no, I didn't take home the deer, looked like it would have been yummy, was about 110lbs or so

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

damn man that does sound shitty, worked my share of 20+hour days at my job, no fun, the boss didn't like it much i guess because now we have a new schedule that doesn't allow for that, damn i miss that extra money...

LOL you should of told your boss "Dammit Im not a truck driver LOL" Do they pay you for the miles you drive or do you just have to go where ever they need you?.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

company vehicle, just get paid hourly

go where they tell me. I actually had 1 more service call, but yeah, not going, never would have made it, unless I slept in the parkinglot of the next service call... lol

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I kinda know how you feel. I'm up from 6 am to 12 pm (insomnia FTL). During that time, I only get a total of 1 hour of break time maxx.

Edited by 1992Chevy K1500

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card