Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Aero Ports Box Help!


DUBIE

Recommended Posts

Posted

I been thinking on building a new box since my recent box cant take no more beat from my 15. I get some annoying rattles not noticeable only if your in the back seat but any who this box is ready to be replace..

I was thinking on building a box with aero ports but I have no clue on were to start hahaha. never in my life I have messed or build a box with aero so I want to try something new. any help or advice would be preciated!.

how do i tuned the box?.

how much space would it be needed?.

what kind of aero ports would i need?

by the way this is going in a Chevy TB so there's plenty of room. space aint a issue.

Posted

thats easy. check out psp-inc.com for the calculator and partsexpress.com to buy them. or use the dealer link at psp's website. they can both be trusted.

edit - oh and 2 6" ports should be just fine for one 15"

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted
thats easy. check out psp-inc.com for the calculator and partsexpress.com to buy them. or use the dealer link at psp's website. they can both be trusted.

edit - oh and 2 6" ports should be just fine for one 15"

i was looking around in parts express for the aero ports and saw many different ones so thats were i started going crazy..didnt know what size ports i would need..

and thanks bro!.gonna check that out right now!

also would 2 4" ports work the same as the 2 6"s?.

im a newbie when it comes to box tuning and stuff..lol

Posted
i was looking around in parts express for the aero ports and saw many different ones so thats were i started going crazy..didnt know what size ports i would need..

and thanks bro!.gonna check that out right now!

also would 2 4" ports work the same as the 2 6"s?.

im a newbie when it comes to box tuning and stuff..lol

eh, thats where flared ports get a little funny. some say you can make the ports much smaller (two 4" ports) and itll work just fine. if you go too small you will get port noise and lose output. find the biggest port you can fit in the box to get the tuning you want and go from there. i use the calculator on bcae1.com.

with 5cuft i have 2 6" ports and i know those work great. but its hard to tune low.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

whats the volume of the box you have bro?.

i was thinking on tunning the box to 28-30hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3064 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...