Whip Audio

tristan560

X2.H10.V4,

How do they Install them (Whip)? like, with what crossover?

I'm a bit confused on that since the Whips are only 8ohms.

I've heard them at the SBN this year and really like them and I'm planning to go with some.

I was thinking using some RE Audio Tweeters with them thus a Whip and an RE Tweeter as pair.

But since the Whips are only 8 Ohms what kind of crossover can I use for them? I want use them like a component set system, thus a Crossover, a Whip 6.5" and an RE Tweeter. do you know any crossover out there for this? or should I use an Amp for the Whip's only and an Amp for the RE Tweeters apart ?

Or what others way do you recommend?

Thanks,

Aruman.

Shaking The Neighborhood.

X2.H10.V4,

How do they Install them (Whip)? like, with what crossover?

I'm a bit confused on that since the Whips are only 8ohms.

I've heard them at the SBN this year and really like them and I'm planning to go with some.

I was thinking using some RE Audio Tweeters with them thus a Whip and an RE Tweeter as pair.

But since the Whips are only 8 Ohms what kind of crossover can I use for them? I want use them like a component set system, thus a Crossover, a Whip 6.5" and an RE Tweeter. do you know any crossover out there for this? or should I use an Amp for the Whip's only and an Amp for the RE Tweeters apart ?

Or what others way do you recommend?

Thanks,

Aruman.

Aruman,

Actually the Whip Audio mids are available in both 4 and 8 ohm. With the high sensitivity of the Whip Audio midrange, I would have to suggest a higher sensitivity tweeter or a pair of the RE tweeters per mid. As for crossovers, you have a couple of options. The best one being running them active (using no passive crossovers). This is done by HP and LP the drivers with the crossovers on head unit or amplifier (or combination of both). You will need a 4 channel or two 2 channel amplifiers for this. This gives you more control over each driver, and the ability tune them to your liking. Your second option is building a set of DIY passive crossovers. You will first need to design a passive crossover network for your desired x-over points and slope. Then you will have the correct values of each capacitor and inductor. You can purchase the component to build your own crossovers from Parts Express.

Thanks a lot X2.H10.V4,

I've checked with Teptronics and they told me they only have them in 8ohms do you where I can find them in 4ohms?

What others higher sensitivity tweeters you recommend?

So if I understand the Active part right, I will wired the Tweeter and the Whips in parallel and connect them on one channel of the 4x channel Amps so I can run 4x whip and tweeters per Amps and set the HP and LP on the Amps or HU?

So, I will need and Amp that will do between 4x 150-200wrms at 4ohm right? so each Whips can get 75-100Wrms, I'm planning to use 8x Whips per 1x Amps. 2x Whips and tweeters per 1x channel.

So Tommy King of Bass is using an Active setup, right?

Anyways thanks a lot X2.H10.V4,

Aruman.

Shaking The Neighborhood.

Archived