Second Skin Audio

Box ideas for fi bl 12 in single cab

I need help on designing a box for a fi bl 12" its going in a single cab truck and its goin to be in the middle like a center consle i think i have like 25" long, 14" wide and like 15" tall. I am trying to decide wheather to go with a downfiring box cause at least the sub wont be in sight for people to see and try to steal but anyways im just unsure about the port so any ideas you all got would be great mabey even a sketch using google sketchup. Thanks

Setup:

Headunit: 7" indash screen

Sub: fi bl 12

Amp: Audioque 1200D

Box Ported tuned to 34hz

Big 3 done in 1/0 gauge

Can you get enough port area with that small of a space?

yea what dimensions should i make the box i can make it longer or shorter or taller or shorter just not any wider the 14"

Edited by fi audio

Setup:

Box Ported tuned to 34hz

Big 3 done in 1/0 gauge

in my 2002 silverado my old center console box was 40.25 long X 13.5 tall X 14 wide...right around 2 feet^3 after port and sub displacement i think the port was 3.5 or 4 inches wide by 12.5 inches. Im not completely positive with those measurements though.

Edited by 99s10dowork

2002 Chevrolet Silverado regular cab 3/6 drop

-Alpine cda-9884

-Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

-US Amps XT-4000DE V2

-Fi SSD 10d2-for now

in my 2002 silverado my old center console box was 40.25 long X 13.5 tall X 14 wide...right around 2 feet^3 after port and sub displacement i think the port was 3.5 or 4 inches wide by 12.5 inches. Im not completely positive with those measurements though.

Ok i see you have a fi bl 12 you like it, have you ever got it metered if not what you think its hittin

Setup:

Box Ported tuned to 34hz

Big 3 done in 1/0 gauge

I like it, it gets really loud. As for what it meters at i dont know. These trucks are not known for metering well so probably not very high... give the sub a good aount of power and a good box and it will not dissapoint.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado regular cab 3/6 drop

-Alpine cda-9884

-Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

-US Amps XT-4000DE V2

-Fi SSD 10d2-for now

I like it, it gets really loud. As for what it meters at i dont know. These trucks are not known for metering well so probably not very high... give the sub a good aount of power and a good box and it will not dissapoint.

yea i think i will have a good box im not building one of my mom and dads friends is hes good at that kind of stuff im sure he will know what dimensions to make it and stuff but i was just tryin to get some info on what other peoples buildin the boxes but im goin to be using a elemental designs nine.1x its 1200 watts at 1 ohm at like 12.7 volts or something like that

Setup:

Box Ported tuned to 34hz

Big 3 done in 1/0 gauge