well, my opinion, i would go with a newer 24 valve 5.9 over a 6.7 for a few reasons. First off, the cost of ownership of a 5.9 rather than a 6.7 will be SUBSTANTIALLY less, the 5.9 gets better mileage, therefor is cheaper to operate, the 5.9 doesn't have a dpf that needs to be changed out at anywhere from 60,xxxish-100,000 miles and costs thousands to replace, there are no kind of emissions to worry about (egr, egr cooler,etc), replacement parts (ie. injection pump, injectors,turbo,etc.) are cheaper and more readily available for the 5.9,etc....etc.... HOWEVER, the 6.7 has it's strong points.... it is a better built motor as far as service intervals, better rod/main bearings, oiling system is better, etc..... but the 6.7 will never have the same capabilities as the 5.9 because it is choked down with all the "going green B.S.", which i do believe is a circle jerk- instead of "polluting" with "all the particulate matter", we'll just rob the earth of all its' natural resources with all the shitty mileage. The list goes on and on, but that's a brief belief i have on the new diesels.

Another little 2 cents idea....i would try to get a Ford Super Duty, 99-04 7.3 for the decent engine and great truck....or a 6.6 Duramax truck, for the decent motor/trans and good cab but weak IFS, go crosseyed because of weak tie rod end, front end.....98.5-07 5.9 Dodge 2500-3500 for the cummins engine and o.k. truck and o.k. drivetrain.....