how hard is it? i got offerd a good job, as a window tinter, im only 18 and they told me if i leard thay will start me at $9.60 and ill just go up from there. How quick can i learn? what can i do to practice? i really want this job because its a shop type enviorment, they also do audio, so if i get this tinting gig hopefully ill move up.

I would go to a tint shop and ask if you could watch as he tints vehicles. Ive heard there are tricks to tinting, but overall it isnt SUPER hard.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

There is many tricks! but I learned At a shop my friend owned and just kicked there for 2 days straight and watched him tint about 3 cars by the 4th I was helpin by the 5th I was doing a car on my own. Yuo have to be a perfectionist and you have to have madd patience. Rember 1 thing if you screw up the film you might as well start over with a new pice. Start out with small flat windows. When you get the hang move to something bigger then on to curved windows.

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-

anyone who tints the outside of the window is a moron straight up.

as for bluish or purple tint its dyed cheap stuff, metalized tint last 3 times as long as the inked tint

and in todays technical world you dont have to be a perfectionist anymore. i know the audio shop by my house has a machine youselect the vehicle and it cuts the tint out perfect you just have to apply

i think theres a site tintdude.com that has tons of tips and tricks

if you want to learn start off at tintdude.com ... save your money, and take the class in oregon... i have yet to hear of a single person who took that class that didn't leave capable of tinting anything... some sloppier than others... but they did get the job done. :-) As to the post earlier and reply that followed.... Tint is applied on the inside, yes. But its also SHAPED on the outside... check out tintdudes.com and give it a shot :-)

-chewy

www.gatelyaudio.com