Some pics of my project car- updated 10/16

So I've had this car for years. Literally. Been working on it off and on, and driving it off and on. I'm currently building a 350 SBC for it. Already have the Comp Cams valvetrain(268H cam, 1.5 roller rockers etc etc) dual plane intake, 650CFM carb, 1800 RPM torque converter, hedman headers w/ true dual 2.5 inch exhaust. Probably going to be adding a V-Matic Hurst slap shifter and replace the Sunpro gauges with AutoMeter SportComp 2 5/8" units.

The interior(Blazer buckets replaced the worn out stockers)

27690220002_large.jpg

The floor cut out before welding

27690220007_large.jpg

New floor and seat pan welded in, sprayed with bed-liner coating

27690220017_large.jpg

What the engine looked like. It was okay.

IMAGE_051.jpg

Driving down the road. I'm missing this view right now.

IMG00088.jpg

Well those pics above are from February of '08. I drove it like that for about 8 months until I was being a "showoff" and going about 130ish for a couple minutes and broke a ring on the #5 cylinder. I parked it from October '08 until about two months ago when I moved it to my in-laws garage to start the tear down.. again.

The first time it ran in almost a year... All I had to do was charge the battery and put a lil gas in the carburetor

BlackGhostnMore027.jpg

At the in-laws

BlackGhostnMore031.jpg

Tearing it down. You can see the #5 piston in this pic. It's kinda chewed up on the face

BlackGhostnMore038.jpg

Intake manifold repainted

PaintinParts012.jpg

Got bored and tinted the windows 5%. IDK if I like it.

laborday013.jpg

laborday007.jpg

Building a center console. IDK if I really like it. I didn't want to do anything out of 'glass but now I'm rethinking that. We'll see once I get the shifter in.

ConsolePics009.jpg

Well as it sits now I just need to take out two transmission bolts, and remove the radiator to get it out but I'm having trouble getting anyone to come assist with muscling the hoist around and take the engine out with me but hopefully it will be out and at the machine shop before I leave for Las Vegas next Saturday.

Feel free to comment and/or ask questions

Edited by L561W

So I've had this car for years. Literally. Been working on it off and on, and driving it off and on. I'm currently building a 350 SBC for it. Already have the Comp Cams valvetrain(268H cam, 1.5 roller rockers etc etc) dual plane intake, 650CFM carb, 1800 RPM torque converter, hedman headers w/ true dual 2.5 inch exhaust. Probably going to be adding a V-Matic Hurst slap shifter and replace the Sunpro gauges with AutoMeter SportComp 2 5/8" units.

The interior(Blazer buckets replaced the worn out stockers)

27690220002_large.jpg

The floor cut out before welding

27690220007_large.jpg

New floor and seat pan welded in, sprayed with bed-liner coating

27690220017_large.jpg

What the engine looked like. It was okay.

IMAGE_051.jpg

Driving down the road. I'm missing this view right now.

IMG00088.jpg

Well those pics above are from February of '08. I drove it like that for about 8 months until I was being a "showoff" and going about 130ish for a couple minutes and broke a ring on the #5 cylinder. I parked it from October '08 until about two months ago when I moved it to my in-laws garage to start the tear down.. again.

The first time it ran in almost a year... All I had to do was charge the battery and put a lil gas in the carburetor

BlackGhostnMore027.jpg

At the in-laws

BlackGhostnMore031.jpg

Tearing it down. You can see the #5 piston in this pic. It's kinda chewed up on the face

BlackGhostnMore038.jpg

Intake manifold repainted

PaintinParts012.jpg

Got bored and tinted the windows 5%. IDK if I like it.

laborday013.jpg

laborday007.jpg

Building a center console. IDK if I really like it. I didn't want to do anything out of 'glass but now I'm rethinking that. We'll see once I get the shifter in.

ConsolePics009.jpg

Well as it sits now I just need to take out two transmission bolts, and remove the radiator to get it out but I'm having trouble getting anyone to come assist with muscling the hoist around and take the engine out with me but hopefully it will be out and at the machine shop before I leave for Las Vegas next Saturday.

Feel free to comment and/or ask questions

Looks like a sweet car to rebuild cant wait to see when it is finished.

jrplayer36

fail for quoting all the pics

the car looks really tight

i like the 5%

id drive the hell outta that car

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Car looks good. May have missed it (and I'm too lazy to re-read) but what kind of engine? And tranny?

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Car looks good. May have missed it (and I'm too lazy to re-read) but what kind of engine? And tranny?

It's got a 350 chevy small block from '78. It's a truck block with 4 bolt mains. I have the original numbers matching engine but I don't have the money to build a pontiac engine with the power and reliability I want. The tranny is a TH350 auto with a shift kit but I want either a 2004R or convert to 5 speed manual. Thanks for all the compliments everyone

Edited by L561W

It's got a 350 chevy small block from '78. It's a truck block with 4 bolt mains. I have the original numbers matching engine but I don't have the money to build a pontiac engine with the power and reliability I want. The tranny is a TH350 auto with a shift kit but I want either a 2004R or convert to 5 speed manual. Thanks for all the compliments everyone

If you want, get an early 90's 700R4. I know you may have heard they're not reliable, but after 89, they fixed most of the issues.

More specifically, get a 92 or 93 700R4. Look for one with the words K1500 4WD on it. Get a good shift kit, and pretty much upgrade everything you can to the strongest parts you can get. Then you'll literaly have a bullet proof tranny. I should know, I have one. Best tranny ever. Just keep some fluids in it and it'll take all the abuse you can give it.

Edited by 1992Chevy K1500

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

sick lookin car very nice

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

Added some 17x8 inch KMC Stealths that I scored off of craigslist. I'm not sure I'm gonna like the front tire, because of the gap but we will see once the engine is back in. I also dropped the engine off at the shop Monday. I'm having the bottom end built simply because I don't have the tools to install the pistons on the rods.

Before...

stealths004.jpg

After...

stealths009.jpg

And since I have the original Rally wheels off now, I'm gonna take the tires off of em and sand blast em so they can be repainted. That way I'll have the option of running the stockers or KMCs.

Edited by L561W