Jump to content

Carputer 101


Guest MegaloManiac

Recommended Posts

Posted

A friend of mine made a tutorial

here

Of course be aware that all set ups are different. In this case I believe he used no HU.

He also used an M10000 mother board, I recommend a

MII12000.

store_logo_sig.jpg
  • 2 years later...
Posted
hey i got a quick question since i dont know shit about car puters... anyway right now i got a ravdvd1 hu and im going to be getting a non touch screen monitor... so what would i need to set something up so that i could store videos/music on a hard drive and run it all through the hu and screen. mind you i dont want navi or internet or any of those goodies i just need plenty of hard drive space (right now at as slim as i can go i have 29g of mp3s, music vids and simpsons shows)... oh also i want to be able to watch tv if nessicary

Well it doesn't look like you HU has a USB input. If it did you might be able to get a laptop HDD and a SATA to USB converter to be able to connect it to the HU. I've seen several HU that do have that option.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_575RAVDVD1/Ro...tures_and_specs

The above is your HU correct?

If you have a USB then what I listed would be your best bet. If you are open to it I would say buy a HU with a built in screen and USB input. It is a much simpler option for what you want out of your system.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 3021 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...