10" Mach5 iXL build for the girlfriend

Car - 2000 Mustang

Amp - Audiopipe AP1500D

sub - 10" Mach5 iXL

box - .9 cubes net tuned to 34hz

th_IMG00338.jpg

th_IMG00339.jpg

I was going to try for a T-line but theres no room to get a bigger size box really into the trunk and the girlfriend wanted a fairly small sized box so yeah.

I just cut out the speaker hole. The port still needs to be glued in. Posted this over at *** so I thought maybe you guys might like it too. :D

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

maybe depending on how much time I have.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

th_IMG_0006.jpg

th_IMG_0007.jpg

th_IMG_0009.jpg

th_IMG_0011.jpg

th_IMG_0012.jpg

th_IMG_0013.jpg

th_IMG_0014.jpg

okay job at the seams only because this is my first time working with carpet. I also forgot to paint the port before carpeting. lol.

th_IMG_0024.jpg

th_IMG_0025.jpg

th_IMG_0026.jpg

th_IMG_0027.jpg

th_IMG_0028.jpg

• 1 month later...

Okay, so it was installed a couple weeks ago. I forgot about the review. lol. Well, at first the sub sounded great. The low end was amazing. I was a little disappointed in the top end, I am guessing more top end bass near midbass was desired. Well, I figured out the problem. The low pass was set too low. lol. I turned it up to about 120 and it was a lot better. The girlfriend loves it. This was an upgrade for better output on the low end from two 12" SD-V1 subs in a sealed box. She has a little bit more trunk space as well. There was one thing I didn't like as much but it was her car and preference and not the sub. Her rear deck speakers were way louder than her door speakers. I tried to level it out for a better front stage but she didn't like it. lol. But its her setup so she likes it the way it is. Also, at a local meet we tested to see how well she does on the mic just for kicks. She did a 134dB at the kick and like 130dB at the headrest ( I am not possible with the headrest score). It was a while back. So yeah, this was a great build and I recommend this sub and the ap1500 amp to anyone wanting something for the cost. Box with a lot of mdf left over and carpet - $35, amp - $150 shipped, sub used - $75 shipped.

nice i have never seen that kind of port in my life. keep up the good work.

VehicleCurrentlyOwned:2000Malibu

\/MySystem\/

Ken-Wood HeadUnit

Cars interior panels Custom blue Done by ME

Pheonix Power block running both amps

Stinger pro series four gauge wire flex material

RimsBrand:Polo

Interior lighting Blue neon bars under and around dash

Capaciter:Pyle Dryver 1.7 farad digital meter read off new(INSTALLED)

http://blog.sounddomain.com/photos/orion/april_21_07_004_2.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/images/header.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

okay update- girlfriend getting a DC Power 230 amp max, 140 idle alternator. bumper to bumper traffic and loud pussy cat dolls music killed the battery and the alternator is shitting.