Second Skin Audio

Just got a new car and I want to put a small system in. Before I start the system I would like to throw some second skin on it. My goals are sound quality and thermal insulation, without adding hundreds of pounds in just deadening material. I purchased the car to save some cash on gas so i don't want to add more weight then I have to. Yet I know the importance of sound deadening.

The system will be a single 12". 5x7 in the factory locations, a new deck and amp everything. The car is a 2008 Ford Fusion SEL.

I am thinking I want to add damplifier lite everywhere (doors, trunk, floorboards, headliner), then to offset the south florida sun a layer of heat wave pro on the headliner and floorboards, hopefully that will help acheive a super queit drive too.

Is this the best route to go?

T

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/

Sounds like you have a plan there, not too sure about the thermal, as the windows are the main culprit for the heat, and since the windshield isn't treated it still gets in even if you tint the rest of the windows. Ant just helped me out with a selecting the correct materials for a new Porsche 911.

ANT, you need to design something for front windshield noise :)

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

I am thinking I want to add damplifier lite everywhere (doors, trunk, floorboards, headliner), then to offset the south florida sun a layer of heat wave pro on the headliner and floorboards, hopefully that will help acheive a super queit drive too.

where you located in south fl?

Alpine 9886

Polk Audio 6.5 Component db series

Elemental Designs nine.4

JL Audio 1000/1

DC Lvl 4 15" - 3.95 cu ft/tuned to 32 hz

Clarion EQS746

Stinger Voltage Meter

Optima Yellow Top (Front)

XS Power 1200 (Rear)

All KnuKonceptz Wiring

Just ordered 30sq.ft for the front doors. Was going to do the headliner first but, the speakers I was looking at went on sale and I couldn't pass them up. I guess the I'll see how much I use in the doors to see what how much i need for everything else.

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/