Questions About Drivers for Laptop

I have a HP ZE4900 PC with windows xp home edition. None of my drivers are installed though. So I need to know how do I install them? I know that you need a disk but can i make it myself and if so i need info on that.

Pork Chops Daughter*

iaklogo4-1.png

My daughter's (kimberly) hairtrick via the duckman

If your looking to reinstall everything fresh, then THE EASIEST WAY would be to install Win7 BETA (of full version if you can get it) as this new OS installs everything automatically (WOrks like a charm, couldn't believe it myself when I did it on my notebook)

IF your looking to start fresh but an OS is already installed, then hit up HP, and download your NIC/WAP driver (only HP would have this driver) after that is done, you now have a working internet point, then download/install drivers in this order:

If it is an INTEL based notebook, download the chipset driver, install it. THen the graphics driver (it might be included with the chipset drivers for a notebook) then just download the rest from the HP site, like the sound card drivers, there might be a special IDE/SATA driver, etc.......

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

you dont need a disk, the computer comes with it, but if you lose it youre kinda screwed UNLESS the website for your computer hosts a driver disk online. go to the hp site on a working computer and see whats available in the support section.

if you cant find it, you have to do it the hard way

find a program called "everest home edition" i think the website majorgeeks.com or something still hosts a mirror of it (its a free edition)

i'm assuming your network driver isnt working, so download it on someone elses and transfer it over with a thumbdrive (windows should recognize usb)

once its installed and runs, it will be able to tell you EXACTLY what is installed on your pc.

some things to find for starters;

Network card (most important, after this you can get online and start doing things without a thumb drive, may be called ethernet, wired or wireless)

audio card-if its a laptop, probably some sort of intel integrated. if you can go to youtube and hear music you prob dont need it

video card (alot use an intel 9 series integrated, if you cant get your screen to the right resolution, you gotta find the driver. wrong resolution=icons and text are way bigger than they should be, and you cant change it from control panel>display)

after that feel free to track down all the random stuff for your media buttons, webcam, etc.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Edit: They ^ beat me too it.

Edited by brsteinbach

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

im bored

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...product=500513#

haave fun. put the network one on a thumb drive andd transfer it over, and then get on yours, go to that website, and start d/ling and isntalling

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC