4/0 Accesories?

Hey, I'm about to order 25 Ft. of 4/0 gauge wiring and was wondering where I could order a battery terminal to hold a 4/0 wire and a 1/0 wire. I have the big 3 done in 1/0, but am upgrading my power wire because I have some cheap crap in there now. Also, I was wondering if there is a place that makes ring terminals for 4/0 wire? please help :-)

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am makeing the ring termanals for my 1/0 wire with pieces of copper pipe.Measure the diameter of teh 4/0 wire go to home depot or lowes  bye about 1 foot or 2 feet, then cut it into about 1 1/2 inch peices anduse a  vice the flatten one side and drill the hole through it  AND THERE YOU HAVE IT

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

i am makeing the ring termanals for my 1/0 wire with pieces of copper pipe.Measure the diameter of teh 4/0 wire go to home depot or lowes  bye about 1 foot or 2 feet, then cut it into about 1 1/2 inch peices anduse a  vice the flatten one side and drill the hole through it  AND THERE YOU HAVE IT

Very much appreciated. How would I secure the wire to the battery though? I'm not the most up to date with electrical crap.

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

i went to auto zone and they had a battery clamp that had a thred rod at the end and I stack it on top on there

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

may i ask what do you plan on running that requires 4/0 gauge?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

i hope you don't just have a 1000 watts amp running with that 4/0 gauge. tell me you have like 4 Rockford T40001bds or something. people don't just find the biggest wire they can for least resistance. they do it because they are pushing a lot of juice and with 4/0 gauge you're talking over 20,000watts RMS

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

i hope you don't just have a 1000 watts amp running with that 4/0 gauge. tell me you have like 4 Rockford T40001bds or something. people don't just find the biggest wire they can for least resistance. they do it because they are pushing a lot of juice and with 4/0 gauge you're talking over 20,000watts RMS

Not necissarly, At Florida finals ALOT of people were using 4/0 welding wire. In classes where batterys and amps are limited getting the most power to your equipment is important.