Second Skin Audio

Help building a custom box for dynabel

Inches and cubic feet. Liters to cubic feet is somewhere in the realm of 28 liters per cubic foot, so each sub is seeing a little over a cubic foot net. The reccommended ported box size says 30 L, so I'm assuming about 1.1 cubes per sub.

If you can give me some maximum dimensions for the box, I can work on a box design for you. Either cm or inches will work. I'll have to convert it to inches to do the measurements/calculations, but I can convert it back when I'm done.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Hi,

Sorry my english is a bit bad.

I have 2x12" Dynabel DY9412 in my car. They are in a closed enclosure. They kick really well but i think it much more to get out off them.

I want to try out a portet box but i cant calculate what size the port and box must be. And to what tune to build it to. is 38hz god or shall i go lower. The reason i ask on this forum is because you guys have some sick stereos and it looks like you know what you are doing!

Can someone help med calculate the box and give med the dim on the box?

The box i have now is 30liters per sub minus the magnet

I want to have a box like this or with port on each side.

THIS IS JUST A EXAMPLE, NOT MY PIC:

11lk329.jpg

DY9412.jpg

Sensetivity (2,83v 1/m): 91,0 dB

Fs Hz: 39

Qts: 0,30

Vas, liter: 22,0

XMAX: 22mm

Closed box: 30 liter

Ported box: 30 liter

Port: 2 Stk 70*380

Chassi: 322mm

Mount diameter: 285mm

Mount depth: 165mm

RMS: 800watt

Peak: 1600watt

I'am glad thats not your box, because the port is all wrong, basically saying the port starts off twice the size of the ending opening of the port opening, due to incorrectly sizing the back bended part of the port

You have a lot of missing numbers in the subs T/S specs

I calculated a box using those specs, and the frequency response came out kind of muddy

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I'am glad thats not your box, because the port is all wrong, basically saying the port starts off twice the size of the ending opening of the port opening, due to incorrectly sizing the back bended part of the port

You have a lot of missing numbers in the subs T/S specs

I calculated a box using those specs, and the frequency response came out kind of muddy

Here you have all the specs i got from the dynabel

DC 3,76

FS 39

Qm 6,18

Qe 0,32

Qt 0,3

Vas 22ltr

Induktans 3,2mh

MMs 253

CMS 0,07

Areal 471cm2

Bl 26,01

Sensetivity (2,83v 1/m): 91,0 dB

Fs Hz: 39

Qts: 0,30

Vas, liter: 22,0

XMAX: 22mm

Closed box: 30 liter

Ported box: 30 liter

Port: 2 Stk 70*380

Chassi: 322mm

Mount diameter: 285mm

Mount depth: 165mm

RMS: 800watt

Peak: 1600watt

"Inches and cubic feet. Liters to cubic feet is somewhere in the realm of 28 liters per cubic foot, so each sub is seeing a little over a cubic foot net. The reccommended ported box size says 30 L, so I'm assuming about 1.1 cubes per sub.

If you can give me some maximum dimensions for the box, I can work on a box design for you. Either cm or inches will work. I'll have to convert it to inches to do the measurements/calculations, but I can convert it back when I'm done. "

30 L = 1830.712 in³

Her is a tabel:

http://www.asknumbers.com/CubicInchToLiter.aspx

The maximum dimensions i dont have right now, it's 10 PM here and pitch black :P

It's going in a VW passat 1.8l 20v, 1997 mod

Hope this can help a little ^^,

Thank you verry much for helping me!

One inch (in) is 2.54 centimeters (cm).

One cubic inch (in3) is 16.387064 cubic centimeters (cm3).

One liter (l) is 1,000 cm3.

1 in3 = 0.016387064 l

or (1,000 : 16.387064) ==>> 1 liter = aprox 61 in3

Edited by noXelon