im not too sure about this, but will a stock d16y8 tranny hold up with a fully built motor running around 200 hp? since im fully building my head and block im not sure whether it'll crap out on me, also the car will be boosted by summer, so that'll add some more power, im just not sure what will hold up on it since its a d16y8, plus how much torque will the axles withstand? any questions about my questions just ask since its about 1:30 in the morning lol

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

also i know stock clutch wont hold, but theres already a stage 2 in my car ; )
Edited by cmamtower

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

I'm going to guess the Y8 motor

I don't want to burst bubbles but I speak the truth. without a turbo or nitrous, 200whp is not happening, EVER with a sohc. now if you are talking about building the motor and turboing it, then you should be shooting more towards the high 300s, low 400s.

to answer questions, the trans will hold up just fine. as far as axles, a buddy of mine drove his 690whp integra everyday with stock honda axles, and make plenty of 10 second passes on them and never had a single problem. you just need to know how to preload your car

I'm going to guess the Y8 motor

I don't want to burst bubbles but I speak the truth. without a turbo or nitrous, 200whp is not happening, EVER with a sohc. now if you are talking about building the motor and turboing it, then you should be shooting more towards the high 300s, low 400s.

to answer questions, the trans will hold up just fine. as far as axles, a buddy of mine drove his 690whp integra everyday with stock honda axles, and make plenty of 10 second passes on them and never had a single problem. you just need to know how to preload your car

i said it was 1:30 in the morning so i didnt really make much sense lol i meant 200whp with built motor running around 8 lbs. starting off. and really, the stock axles held up with almost 700hp?? thats pretty insane, but when i build the motor im gonna go ahead and replace the stock ones since there about shot anyways (cv joints) which is only gonna be about 200 bucks for both anyways. one more thing, my goal is around 250-300 horses on this little motor, just enough to eat some stock srt's and corvettes that mess with my around here, that'll shut them up lol

wait, built motor with 200hp before or after boost?

Just for curiosity's sake, what engine/ bottom end/ turbo/ intercooler/ fuel/ ECU?

its the d16y8 sohc. im thinking about running a GT35R so i probably wont need to upgrade that anytime soon. most likely an ebay intercooler or one of my friends srt intercoolers fabbed up to fit my car, no injections right now, maybe a methanol kit down the road, upgraded injectors, not quite sure what to run there, and either the ecu that comes with my head package (gude performance) or a hondata s300 which will do just about everything i need it to : )

i said it was 1:30 in the morning so i didnt really make much sense lol i meant 200whp with built motor running around 8 lbs. starting off. and really, the stock axles held up with almost 700hp?? thats pretty insane, but when i build the motor im gonna go ahead and replace the stock ones since there about shot anyways (cv joints) which is only gonna be about 200 bucks for both anyways. one more thing, my goal is around 250-300 horses on this little motor, just enough to eat some stock srt's and corvettes that mess with my around here, that'll shut them up lol

one other thing, i wanna keep the car as reliable as i can and still have a daily driver since i have my boom boom in this car and really dont wanna take it out other then down at the strip which is why i dont want all that power on this motor, unless it can handle it and still be safe to go on longer trips, which i doubt, but who knows on these hondas

if you are actually going to build your bottom end then 350 will be no problem as long as it has a really good tune. and don't piece together a turbo kit and get a 35r and a ebay or oem intercooler.

save yourself the hastle and buy this kit. they do amazing work and have great customer service

http://www.afiturbo.com/store/product_info...3d342bab3881e89

yes hondata and go to this man and this man ONLY for tuning since you are on the east coast

http://www.evans-tuning.com/rates_hondata.html

there will be about a 6 month wait so plan ahead