Sonic Electronix

anybody have any ideas on a good place to get remote power to turn on the amp in a G5 its a factory stereo and currently remote is being ran from the AC ignition but that isnt working too well..

any help?

does it have a monsoon system?

it is a type of system gm used in most of there cars..just wondering cuz you need a special wiring harness thats all, I had one in my grand am the harness was 150 dollars[/quote

also you should have a acc in your fuse box you can run off of

Edited by mazda6headturner

no its a GM and i jus need the remote im not going to put a new deck in it jus helping a friend and we are at a lost as to how we are going to get the remote to run other than a switched typ deal

on every gm car ive worked on there is always 1 slot in the fusebox that is affected by the ignition. trail and error always works but i know in my dads caddy it was ign 3 fuse and in my moms suzuki l7 it was the rear seat entertainment fuse

Yeah look for an IGN fuse.. make sure you put the wire on the side that doesn't get power with the ignition on.. That way your remote wire will be fused. Pull the fuse, turn your ignition on and use a test light or dmm to see which side has power and which one doesn't.. Put it on the side with no power. Then insert the fuse, and you'll be good to go on the switched 12 then.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex